Best Wrestling promo's and promo givers

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Best Wrestling promo's and promo givers

Post by Galvatron78 »

I would say that the best interview and promo givers imo would have to be

- Arn Anderson (he makes you cringe without even raising his voice once, plus he had a 10 year old galvatron looking in the dictionary every now and then)

- Shane Douglas....drama at it's finest and you will hate his guts later on

- Ric Flair...supreme shit talker

- Dusty Muthafuckin' Rhodes....."While others are in the back laughin' and jokin' the superstars in the kitchen Owwwwwwwwww cookin' and smokin'!!!!"

- New jack...every promo from him is gold specifically his Smokey Mountain Promos and early ECW promos and his hardcore Homecoming promo where he stated his love for the fans and told Vince McMahon to "suck my big black dick!!"

- Eddie Guerrero's old ECW promos

- and for comic relief The Steiner Brothers...fuckin' with these two you won't understand shit they say except

Rick: ya gotta understand, dog pound, excessive barking

Scott: will always start his sentence with "ya seeeeeeee!!!", hospital, #1

and last but not least

- Jim Cornette...he has made me laugh time and time again

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

others:

Bobby the Brain Heenan
Mr Perfect (rip)
Chris motherfuckin Jericho

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

chris jericho had the most hilarious heel turn of all time in wcw...ill never forget that shit

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

Austin is always entertaining

Angle can play both Heel and Face as good as anyone, and he's funny as hell

Foley is usually great, he rambles alot though

Jericho was good in WCW, WWE not so much

SYM

Post by SYM »

ChristPuncher wrote:Jericho was good in WCW, WWE not so much
when he first arrived to wwe, he was golden.

he's definitely had better days for sure.

SYM

Post by SYM »

of course, the rock too. but that goes without saying...

Tan

Post by Tan »

Mick Foley is one of the all time great. The hardcore promos and just about every promo of his in WWF has been great.

Ric Flair has that emotion, that charisma, this man was born to be a star

The IRON SHEIK's stuff is great - check out his feud with Slaughter. They are just awesome. Oh yeah Sgt. Slaughter was awesome delivering promos, as well. What an awesome feud. Check out Slaughter's Iraqi sympathizer stuff as well.

New Jack is as real as they come. He likes to drink beer, snort coke, fuck ringrats and beat the shit out of people. But he says it in such a way that the man deserves more recognition. Too bad he didn't get to WWE to feud with Cena over the stabbing angle. That Hardcore Homecoming promo was great. Also, his promo on Bigelow. ALSO HIS ENTIRE RF SHOOT FROM 2005. New Jack is a fuckin legend even if he stopped really wrestling once he got to ECW. That man has stood out from the pack.

Eddie Guerrero was great on the mic once he was given the ball in WWE.
JBL is tremendous and has constantly delivered once turning on Farooq.

Taz in ECW was the baddest man in the world.

HOW CAN ANYONE FORGET SCOTT HALL!!! The man knows how to work a crowd and that Survey Says shit is classic. Just great charisma and could make a crowd love him or hate him with any promo.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

Jericho when he moved to WWE and he was terrorizing Steph mcMahon was some of the funniet shit ever, especially when him and Rock teamed up and started cappin' on Steph.

TRASH BAG BOTTOM FEEDING HOE!!!!!

SYM

Post by SYM »

Tan wrote:JBL is tremendous and has constantly delivered once turning on Farooq.

Hell yeah, when he was finally allowed to do his thing after years of bullshit gimmicks, man oh man...spot on.
HOW CAN ANYONE FORGET SCOTT HALL!!! The man knows how to work a crowd and that Survey Says shit is classic. Just great charisma and could make a crowd love him or hate him with any promo.
I was immediately going to say him in my first post but then I remembered I really only got to watch him as Razor Ramon and although that career greatly reflects his true ability in cutting believable promos, I haven't seen much else of his later forms.

Hey, remember I made a thread about hilarious pro-wrestling bits?

http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57197

cheat2win

Post by cheat2win »

Kurt Angle! He was hilarious when he would rip into the town that they were in. "Oh it's true"

FreshShabazz

Post by FreshShabazz »

the rock. close thread.

"the hardest thing is to forgive, but God does/ even if you've murdered and robbed, yeah it's wrong, but God loves/ take one step towards him, he takes two towards you/ even when all else fails God supports you."

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

anyone who says the rock get the fuck out

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

yea its unreal it took so long for scott hall to be mentioned in this thread

also I think many of you are forgetting brian pillman...his "loose cannon" gimmick in wcw when he was in the 4 horseman was gold and then later on when he was in the hart foundation in wwf...and who could forget the home invasion angle he had with austin when he pulled a gun on austin after austin broke into his house lololol

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

also u cant overlook andy kaufmans "hollywood" gimmick...an actor coming into a southern wrestling promotion and basically calling them hicks and rednecks and saying he is better then them cuz he is from hollywood=comedic gold

Tan

Post by Tan »

have not seen a lot of Lawler except for him as a babyface feuding with Kaufman on Comedy Central, but he musta ragged on Bret Hart's mom every week for about 2 years straight. a great great great shittalker.

Booker T is making me laugh every week. Hard to take him seriously but the man said "THIS IS A SHAWWWWWWWM" in his british accent. hope he wrestles for a million more years.

Tan

Post by Tan »

let's not forget about Konnan who is having an awesome run as the mouthpiece for LAX in TNA. just great promos that you can check out on youtube. also, a hell of a color commentator when given the chance in WCW.

SYM

Post by SYM »

Tan wrote:have not seen a lot of Lawler except for him as a babyface feuding with Kaufman on Comedy Central, but he musta ragged on Bret Hart's mom every week for about 2 years straight. a great great great shittalker.
now THIS i overlooked. for shame...

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Tan wrote:have not seen a lot of Lawler except for him as a babyface feuding with Kaufman on Comedy Central, but he musta ragged on Bret Hart's mom every week for about 2 years straight. a great great great shittalker.

Booker T is making me laugh every week. Hard to take him seriously but the man said "THIS IS A SHAWWWWWWWM" in his british accent. hope he wrestles for a million more years.

yes the the king booker gimmick is shaping up to be one of the best gimmicks of all time...great to see wwe put some real effort into pushing a gimmick like that...when booker said "smackethdown" in his british accent on the last raw I nearly cried from laughing lol

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

SYMantiks wrote:
now THIS i overlooked. for shame...

yea lawler was great when he was a heel announcer...why the fuck did vince turn lawler into a face announcer??? lawler is just awful now

if you wanna hear some hilarious heel announcing then look no further then JBL on smackdown

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Tan wrote:let's not forget about Konnan who is having an awesome run as the mouthpiece for LAX in TNA. just great promos that you can check out on youtube. also, a hell of a color commentator when given the chance in WCW.

juvie as announcer in WCW > konnan as announcer in WCW

Tan

Post by Tan »

SCOTT STEINER after he dyed his hair is GREAT. he's still great, fuck anyone that thinks different. motherfucker made fun of flair and then flair cried, it's in his book. steiner fucking called samoa joe a half breed. just great stuff from his man.

it's not king booker, it's KEEEENG BOOKAAAAH ahahahaha

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

Legion Of Doom...

"WEEeeeeeelllll!"

Sir Loin

Post by Sir Loin »

Best tag team gimmick ever :lock:

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Tan wrote:SCOTT STEINER after he dyed his hair is GREAT. he's still great, fuck anyone that thinks different. motherfucker made fun of flair and then flair cried, it's in his book. steiner fucking called samoa joe a half breed. just great stuff from his man.

it's not king booker, it's KEEEENG BOOKAAAAH ahahahaha

lol yea big poppa pump does his thing on the mic...i like when he picks fights with the crowd, almost pretending he is "road raging", shit is just hilarious

lol does anyone remember when steiner threw DDP's wife kimberly out of a moving car in the parking garage of the arena of the monday night nitro they were at?

FreshShabazz

Post by FreshShabazz »

ChristPuncher wrote:the rock

"the hardest thing is to forgive, but God does/ even if you've murdered and robbed, yeah it's wrong, but God loves/ take one step towards him, he takes two towards you/ even when all else fails God supports you."

SYM

Post by SYM »

Kalistoga Von Fretmeyer wrote:Legion Of Doom...

"WEEeeeeeelllll!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZrpiEjXCJ8

still one of their best.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

Lawler is definitely up there especially his old shit in WCCW and USWA....oh and remember in WWF when he was running from Bret Hart and he disguised himself as a hick with a racoon hat and did commentary in a fucked up Southern Accent......his last final words beofre getting his neck broken by Muta and Terry Funk and Gary Hart were hilarious they had him surrounded and this nigga says

"You guys aren't so tough, matter of fact looking at you guys i can tell you learned how to fight at Kentucky Fried Chicken!!!!"

barknee

Post by barknee »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:also I think many of you are forgetting brian pillman...his "loose cannon" gimmick in wcw when he was in the 4 horseman was gold and then later on when he was in the hart foundation in wwf...and who could forget the home invasion angle he had with austin when he pulled a gun on austin after austin broke into his house lololol
loose cannon = one of the best gimmicks of all time. that dvd wwe just bought out is amazing stuff, highly recommended.

christian was one of the funniest guys in the wwe before he left. i never thought he was all that in the ring, but he was always one of my favourites just cos he was such a great dickhead heel. i haven't caught much of his tna stuff, mostly cos tna doesn't interest me at all, but him being a bland babyface is so clearly not playing to his strengths.

to reiterate what others have said...

steiner's roided up, incoherent promos are always unintentionally hilarious. the man can barely string sentences together, so giving him a live mic is gold.

eddie's 2002 - 2005 wwe stuff was consistently great. one that sticks out is him telling the rock he had to beat his kids cos they had posters of him on the wall :lol:

austin & austin... cowboy hats... nuff said.

foley, obviously.

and c'mon, the rock hate is ridiculous. hollywood rock 2002 was just incredible. i mean, i clearly have a soft spot for comedy heels, but he just played it to absolute perfection.
ImageImageImage

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

barknee wrote:
Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:also I think many of you are forgetting brian pillman...his "loose cannon" gimmick in wcw when he was in the 4 horseman was gold and then later on when he was in the hart foundation in wwf...and who could forget the home invasion angle he had with austin when he pulled a gun on austin after austin broke into his house lololol
loose cannon = one of the best gimmicks of all time. that dvd wwe just bought out is amazing stuff, highly recommended.

christian was one of the funniest guys in the wwe before he left. i never thought he was all that in the ring, but he was always one of my favourites just cos he was such a great dickhead heel. i haven't caught much of his tna stuff, mostly cos tna doesn't interest me at all, but him being a bland babyface is so clearly not playing to his strengths.

to reiterate what others have said...

steiner's roided up, incoherent promos are always unintentionally hilarious. the man can barely string sentences together, so giving him a live mic is gold.

eddie's 2002 - 2005 wwe stuff was consistently great. one that sticks out is him telling the rock he had to beat his kids cos they had posters of him on the wall :lol:

austin & austin... cowboy hats... nuff said.

foley, obviously.

and c'mon, the rock hate is ridiculous. hollywood rock 2002 was just incredible. i mean, i clearly have a soft spot for comedy heels, but he just played it to absolute perfection.
The Rock as a heel was fuckin' great for comedy that nigga told Jericho

"Oh you're Y2J? Well i have what you might call the KYJelly effect that's when i lube my foot and stick it sideways...."

ya'll know the rest.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Cosign everything in this thread.

I thought the nerdy Edge and Christian "SODAS RULE" *high five* were fucking hilarious.

Dudley Boys starting riots in ECW.

Damn, I can't think.