Who else is hyped for the new Punisher?

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Comedy Quaddafi

Who else is hyped for the new Punisher?

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gat ... /trailer2/

will be amazing. hated the last one.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

citizen

Post by citizen »

never saw the last one, this one looks better

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

hard to be hyped, the director got fired for refusing to compromise on music and some content, which means what will be released will be watered down to be kid friendly and full of Disturbed

shame, Titus Pullo looks like a good fit for the role
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

^^ Is this not rated R?

Comedy Quaddafi

drizzle wrote:hard to be hyped, the director got fired for refusing to compromise on music and some content, which means what will be released will be watered down to be kid friendly and full of Disturbed

shame, Titus Pullo looks like a good fit for the role
I can live with a wack soundtrack but not some campy shit like the last one. Are you certain they'll take it in that direction?
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

well, nothing is certain but the thing about Lexi Alexander getting pwned by studio suits on his own set is factual

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

Lexi is a chick actually and I highly doubt the studio would have released the hard R trailer if they were planning on watering it down

I'll eat my hat if this isn't a hard R

music will undoubtedly suck though

fuck the world, last punisher movie was borderline great

None

Post by None »

StormShadow wrote: fuck the world, last punisher movie was borderline great
It had John Travolta playing a Cuban crime lord, that is fucking inspired casting.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

oh yeah, that is a chick isn't it :oops:

anywho, what leaked was comicon footage, not a trailer

here's the thing from AICN

"How can I say that? Well when I posted that Comic Con footage with the shitty music and terrible scratches (that otherwise rocked) - a source of mine that I've been in contact for years inside Lionsgate contacted me out of sheer frustration, whom I'll call JIGSAW. It seems that after a summer, where we've had incredible success with Superhero properties that were treated with respect by filmmakers that were left to do their thing... that Lionsgate has turned a deaf ear to all of that.

Lexi Alexander has been kicked to the curb - part of that treatment was her "honeymoon" from Comic Con. However, there's more totally awesome wedding gifts that Lionsgate has given the blushing bride. She's off the movie and wrapped up in a non-disclosure clause - so we won't be hearing from her anytime soon, UNLESS THINGS CHANGE RADICALLY - but Lionsgate isn't necessarily known for calming down. They've decided to market it HARD CORE - and they've decided to jettison the composer for the film in lieu of loud thrashing metal, because nothing says PUNISHER like raspy amps.

The music choice is very much about producing a soundtrack that'll sell well, fuck whether or not it serves the film. Jigsaw also told me - that the film may survive the manhandling, but will not be the film that lovers of Garth Ennis and Tim Bradstreet are hoping for. Expect an erratic head pounding METAL show."

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

ah, i know i'll watch it regardless; only very few comic book movies i skip out on seeing. the first punisher was dope; espeically with the fight scene with the Russian.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

i hated the first punisher.

a few people swear by it though (on here and people i know)

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

drizzle wrote:oh yeah, that is a chick isn't it :oops:

anywho, what leaked was comicon footage, not a trailer

here's the thing from AICN

"How can I say that? Well when I posted that Comic Con footage with the shitty music and terrible scratches (that otherwise rocked) - a source of mine that I've been in contact for years inside Lionsgate contacted me out of sheer frustration, whom I'll call JIGSAW. It seems that after a summer, where we've had incredible success with Superhero properties that were treated with respect by filmmakers that were left to do their thing... that Lionsgate has turned a deaf ear to all of that.

Lexi Alexander has been kicked to the curb - part of that treatment was her "honeymoon" from Comic Con. However, there's more totally awesome wedding gifts that Lionsgate has given the blushing bride. She's off the movie and wrapped up in a non-disclosure clause - so we won't be hearing from her anytime soon, UNLESS THINGS CHANGE RADICALLY - but Lionsgate isn't necessarily known for calming down. They've decided to market it HARD CORE - and they've decided to jettison the composer for the film in lieu of loud thrashing metal, because nothing says PUNISHER like raspy amps.

The music choice is very much about producing a soundtrack that'll sell well, fuck whether or not it serves the film. Jigsaw also told me - that the film may survive the manhandling, but will not be the film that lovers of Garth Ennis and Tim Bradstreet are hoping for. Expect an erratic head pounding METAL show."
we're looking at this differently I guess

the comicon footage IS a trailer, it's a trailer that premiered there

it's got Lionsgate's imprimatur on it plus marvel plus all the other hallmarks of a real trailer

it's not workprint footage or anything like that

however whether or not lionsgate cuts a bunch of shit out or what, I can't say but I would bet money that it's going to be plenty violent

I read that AICN thing back when curb talked about all this the first time and I don't doubt the music will suck, but I doubt the movie as a whole will be neutered

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

you're right, we can only wait and see anyway

i am still hyped for Titus Pullo as punisher though, no denying that
Last edited by drizzle on Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

word word, fingers crossed

Seiko Flossberg

Post by Seiko Flossberg »

Expected soon to suck all ass in a theater near you.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

The redband trailer from ComicCon is so fucking bad ass. This movie, if released in the proper form, will be seriously amazing.

Comedy Quaddafi

blastmaster wrote:The redband trailer from ComicCon is so fucking bad ass. This movie, if released in the proper form, will be seriously amazing.
My sentiments.

The 1989 with Doplh Lundgren is worth a watch though, and much better than the 2004-
- MB

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:
blastmaster wrote:The redband trailer from ComicCon is so fucking bad ass. This movie, if released in the proper form, will be seriously amazing.
My sentiments.

The 1989 with Doplh Lundgren is worth a watch though, and much better than the 2004-
Going to get all film nerd here, but there's a Dutch print out there of Dolph's The Punisher that's supposedly improves the film.

I had the opportunity to cop it back in my Psychotronik Video haunting days but bought something else. Never saw it ever again. Gutted.

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

So who's seen it? I had to work Today...But I am catching it tomorrow...Pretty hyped...Loved the 2004 version, and think this could be great.

Ebert is saying that it could be the "best made bad film ever"
The whole thing about the music sucks, but I think as long as it's gory, action pack and Titus delivers a good Frank I will be satisfied.

ric

Post by ric »

Seiko Flossberg wrote:Expected soon to suck all ass in a theater near you.
word

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Wait nobody liked the lundgren's Punisher?
UBM CD COMING SOON

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

^^ nah def not, that shit is classic. it's def gotten much love on here before

Lid

Post by Lid »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:
i thought i was the only person that felt like that. that movie is aite.

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

drizzle wrote:^^ nah def not, that shit is classic. it's def gotten much love on here before
yeah i actually like both of them.

and this one looks dope.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

id rather see a remake of JUDGE DREDD. done right!!!

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

darkwingduck wrote:id rather see a remake of JUDGE DREDD. done right!!!
co-signed to the fullest.

I actually was at the set of the Stallone movie and I already was able to tell it was going to be a disaster.

Rebellion, who hold the rights have been saying over the last few years that they are planning to get at least two Dredd movies off the ground.

Since I'm perhaps the biggest Dredd geek, here's a model I made a couple of months back of Old Stoney Face himself. He better look like that and not that whole Vercace style.

Image Image

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

you made that? :ohsh:

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Shitty vinyl kit I copped off ebay that I bought for about $16.

Built it, modified it and then painted it up.

Karisma

Post by Karisma »

drizzle wrote:hard to be hyped, the director got fired for refusing to compromise on music and some content, which means what will be released will be watered down to be kid friendly and full of Disturbed
:copy:

"Wrong...WRONG!!!"{/Charlie Murphy}

Shit was one of the best times I have had in a theater, beating out me gettin beat off in the 2nd row when I was 13

Whole theater was packed at midnight with everyone seemingly as drunk as me, laughing in unison, ooohing and ahhhing at the gore and clapping(I dont do that tho,lol)

Shit was right out the gates bloody, gore filled, classic kills, just classic, get the big popcorn and large white cherry slushy and enjoy

Only gripe couldve been bout 15-20 minutes shorter but it was all good

I will be coppin this dvd day of
"Daddies home...Niggas is Scared, Way before I put the Key in the Door"-Jigga

/\ Bernard Pollards House

...He hit Tom just above the shoes, and poured
MORTON salt in our Superbowl Wounds!!

YALL READY TO RIDE ON THIS FOOL??
RAWBLE RAWBLE

procure uno

Post by procure uno »

awesome. that's what i'm looking for. a punisher movie should be one unending firefight.