General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

B. Ware tha Siniq

The Game Is About to Do A Heath Ledger

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-VgzB3pMsqY

:naswtf:

Somebody put this guy on suicide watch.

Yes I get the Dead Presidents reference, still 24 hour monitoring.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

niggas in whiteface

frank b

Post by frank b »

Stopped watching at "young . . . youth."
"My girl does shit like compare and contrast Kant, Foucault, Marx, Darwin and Socrates to Asian philosophers and Middle Eastern writers and poets I have never fucking heard of" - Mindbender Futurama

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

frank b wrote:Stopped watching at "young . . . youth."
Raekwon does not approve

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

does he think hes in the furies in the warriors? Edit: dead prez.
Last edited by Sucka Ducka on Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I want to know if half of these cats speaking out even knew about Sean Bell when he actually died.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

:omgracist:

um um um

say Barack's goddamn name right

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

I really really really hope he was filming a music video or some shit.

If he hadn't been looking like a mime and hadn't talked for almost 8 minutes, I might have been interested.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

LilLeftBrain wrote:
say Barack's goddamn name right
HELLA people still use the hard "a" sound when pronouncing Arabic words.

Iraq as eye-rack instead of e-rock

Iran as eye-ran instead e-ron (farsi word, but same pronunciation)

Barack as ba-rack instead of bah-rock

People used to say that the old Bush used to intentionally mispronounce Saddam Hussein's name just as a point of disrespect.

staytribe.

Post by staytribe. »

:naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf:

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

staytribe. wrote::naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf:

The Wrist

Post by The Wrist »

Philaflava wrote:I want to know if half of these cats speaking out even knew about Sean Bell when he actually died.

??? what?

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

bwahahaha. Game cracks me up...

Employer

Post by Employer »

The Wrist wrote:
Philaflava wrote:I want to know if half of these cats speaking out even knew about Sean Bell when he actually died.

??? what?
haha... i'm saying. are you accusing them of being new jacks?

are you over sean bell now that he's blowing up?

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Employer wrote:
The Wrist wrote:

??? what?

:megaman:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Employer wrote:
The Wrist wrote:

??? what?

i dont get your funny. don't post again or spam about your album not a single sole will buy here.

The Wrist

Post by The Wrist »

Philaflava wrote:
Employer wrote:
The Wrist wrote:

??? what?

i dont get your funny. don't post again or spam about your album not a single sole will buy here.
seriously tho what point were u trying to make? isn't the movement of people outraged by the acquittal at least pretty parallel to the initial movements when the shooting happened?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Game is an embarrassment.

how you gonna be dressed up like this when you are making such a serious statement?

fucking clown.

it don't stop with this guy
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

B. Ware tha Siniq

The Wrist wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Employer wrote:
The Wrist wrote:

??? what?

seriously tho what point were u trying to make? isn't the movement of people outraged by the acquittal at least pretty parallel to the initial movements when the shooting happened?
No.

I think he's suggesting it isn't, and I would have to (at least somewhat) agree. There was a fair amount of publicity and uproar about the incident when it occured, but there wasn't the same kind of outcry from artists. Yes there have been plenty of Sean Bell songs & references, before this verdict, but they have definitely risen exponentially since the verdict. Now, that's somewhat to be expected. But I think the point Gloss is trying to make is that if artists had been this vocal from the beginning there would've been a larger movement around this subject. Speaking on it now, they come off as reasonably outraged by the incompetance of the justice system, but a little bit opportunistic at the same time.

:killacam: - Anybody remember whether the Hip Hop for Respect EP Rawkus put out was released after the shooting or after the verdict?
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

The Wrist wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Employer wrote:
The Wrist wrote:

??? what?

No. Not in the slightest.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Philaflava wrote:
Employer wrote:
The Wrist wrote:

??? what?

:copy: :copy: :copy: :copy: :copy: / :copy: :copy: :copy: :copy: :copy:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Re: The Game Is About to Do A Heath Ledger

Post by Employee »

:naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf: / :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Thanks B and E.

Cats are just Jin(ing) the issue at this point.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Employee wrote:
The Wrist wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Employer wrote:
The Wrist wrote:
??? what?

No. Not in the slightest.
it's true.
don't want to add fuel to any bad joke/gay flames... but the reaction of hip hop right now is ten times that of when it actually happened.

only a handful of MCs (Joe Buddens types) were saying anything about it when Sean Bell was initially shot.

now, it's crazy.

but regardless, i'm glad people are rapping about this instead of whatever other dumb bullshit they might have been spitting in the last few months... even if this is a 2 week fad, it's bringing us closer together as a community and showing more social awareness than usual, which is never a bad thing, no matter what

and hip hop vocalizing its outrage is, on one level, better than rioting

i hope this is a landmark moment for the return of a certain amount of worldly consciousness in this culture
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Wrist

Post by The Wrist »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
The Wrist wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Employer wrote:
The Wrist wrote:
??? what?

No.

I think he's suggesting it isn't, and I would have to (at least somewhat) agree. There was a fair amount of publicity and uproar about the incident when it occured, but there wasn't the same kind of outcry from artists. Yes there have been plenty of Sean Bell songs & references, before this verdict, but they have definitely risen exponentially since the verdict.

i dunno....it seems natural to me that you' d have more outrage after the acquittals than before, because you now have 2 injustices in one....thus pissing off anyone who wasn't quite THAT outraged yet...

not that i don't think most these artists are opportunistic as fuck anyway...just sayin

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

The Wrist wrote:

i dunno....it seems natural to me that you' d have more outrage after the acquittals than before, because you now have 2 injustices in one....
Oh, right. I mean, three cops firing fifty shots at one man isn't injustice enough.

B. Ware tha Siniq

The Wrist wrote:
B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
The Wrist wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Employer wrote: haha... i'm saying. are you accusing them of being new jacks?

No.

I think he's suggesting it isn't, and I would have to (at least somewhat) agree. There was a fair amount of publicity and uproar about the incident when it occured, but there wasn't the same kind of outcry from artists. Yes there have been plenty of Sean Bell songs & references, before this verdict, but they have definitely risen exponentially since the verdict.

i dunno....it seems natural to me that you' d have more outrage after the acquittals than before, because you now have 2 injustices in one....thus pissing off anyone who wasn't quite THAT outraged yet...

not that i don't think most these artists are opportunistic as fuck anyway...just sayin
I don't disagree with that, BUT most of these artists never even mentioned the incident before Friday's acquittal, that's a little disengenious I think.

The Wrist

Post by The Wrist »

Employee wrote:
The Wrist wrote:

i dunno....it seems natural to me that you' d have more outrage after the acquittals than before, because you now have 2 injustices in one....
Oh, right. I mean, three cops firing fifty shots at one man isn't injustice enough.
who knows how these rappers think

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

The Wrist wrote:
Employee wrote:
The Wrist wrote:

:naswtf: you talking about man?

RAPPERS DON'T THINK

:rofl:

poopie boy

Post by poopie boy »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
The Wrist wrote:
Employee wrote:
The Wrist wrote:

:naswtf: you talking about man?

RAPPERS DON'T THINK

:rofl:
You're speaking for yourself here, and it shows in your musical output.