Official European Football 2008/2009 Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

spitboxer

Post by spitboxer »

We never lost, we drew 0-0 at home to Wigan which is bad enough. None of the new boys have settled yet which aint surprising. I thought Bentley would have had a better start tho but hes probably been the worst of the lot. I aint worried tho, all the sides chasing the top 4 to 6 (Villa, Man City, Everton & Pompey) will all have a spell of 5-6 games where they might pick up only 2 pts, hopefully ours is just now.
Newcastle v Spurs in the CC tommorow night, should be a laugh.

elohim

Post by elohim »

:ohsh: goals from zambrotta and kak

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

spitboxer wrote:We never lost, we drew 0-0 at home to Wigan which is bad enough. None of the new boys have settled yet which aint surprising. I thought Bentley would have had a better start tho but hes probably been the worst of the lot. I aint worried tho, all the sides chasing the top 4 to 6 (Villa, Man City, Everton & Pompey) will all have a spell of 5-6 games where they might pick up only 2 pts, hopefully ours is just now.
Newcastle v Spurs in the CC tommorow night, should be a laugh.
Yeah - i thought Bentley would be great and he's looked really poor.

You still reckon they'll make top 6? Really can't see it myself this season.

Sheffield Utd won in the Tevez thing - 30mil compensation. Hope Arsenal spank them this evening.

Req

Post by Req »

Y@k Bollocks wrote:
Sheffield Utd won in the Tevez thing - 30mil compensation. Hope Arsenal spank them this evening.
I think West Ham knew it was coming, hence the firesale over the summer. lol@Sheff Utd getting the absolute shite kicked out of them by Arsenal's Youth Cup side.

West Ham still won though, you'd surely take having to fork out 30mil (which is probably back-ended in installments and whatnot) over having to play in the Championship where people can score magical, mystery goals right?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2T7gj-v-IXc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2T7gj-v-IXc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:lol:
F.U. MOOLAH

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

went to the nou camp last night
eidur gudjohnsen is my hero

messi is :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: in person

flicks from nou camp last wed

celebrating after the first goal

i got lots more videos than pics...just gotta figure out how to upload em
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Mourinho is such a sour douche, I don't even think hes funny anymore. I hope they fail this year again.

Great game against Porto, didn't see much else. Whole country was buzzing about Manu - Aab.

This Iceland team is tearing shit up :grin:

Oh, Hull is a great team BTW. I practically never saw a promoted team believe in themselves so much.

Regarding Flamini and his new club:
"Yes, I had hoped for more minutes," Flamini admitted.

Watch out for Carlos Vela, anyone saw the hattrick?

How does one asess a team like city? from demolishing Portsmouth to losing to Wigan. We and they seem very inconsistent.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Amr Zaki is the best English transfer.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

I knew Carlos Vela from under 17 (IIRC) World Championship with Mexico (where he starred alongside Geovanni Dos Santos, who now plays for Tottenham) but I didn't know he'd establish himself that quickly, he did very well in that game, and he did pretty well when he came on in the game against Porto. Porto was rubbish though, only good moment was when the Hulk came on :lol:

5 Dutch teams made it to the groupstages in the Uefa Cup, pretty unique. Hopefully that means we'll get some points for our country, 'cause we're doing shit lately when it comes to international football on club level.

I was impressed by Arsenal though, they played incredible.

Y@k Bollocks

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Newcastle are fucked!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008 ... mierleague

JK Which one is Simon Bird [Daily Mirror's north-east football writer]?

SB Me.

JK You're a cunt.

SB Thank you.

Req

Post by Req »

SB What? More important things?

JK What are you? My personal secretary? Fuck off.

GOAT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not sure what's better, that or the back and forth from the Mourinho press meeting after he was being criticized heavily for his player selection:

Mourinho: You, come up to the front and I'll let you pick my starting 11 against Bremen. I'll let them pay no matter who you pick.

Journalist: Will I get part of your $9mil salary?

Mourinho: I don't earn $9 million, I earn 11.....and 14 if you include sponsors

:rofl:

Req

Post by Req »

The_Kernel

Post by The_Kernel »

Tottenham :lol:

RacquetballGangsta

liverpool, bitches

but yo i missed this :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: worthy goal by ibra

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gDr71KzFy9c&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gDr71KzFy9c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:bow: :bow: :bow:
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

RacquetballGangsta

STILL TOP OF THE LEAGUE, HOEZ!

ROFL @ ROBBIE keane tho...this nigga sucks. who could we have gotten for that money? seriously (10 amr zakis?)
albert riera was a good buy though

walcott came on and changed the game for arse...nasri was dope as fuck too...dude has some serious skills..maybe not the next zidane, but u can see a lil of why the comparison was made.
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

stupidregister wrote:Amr Zaki is the best English transfer.
Told you.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Req

Post by Req »

Rooney - GOAT
F.U. MOOLAH

The_Kernel

Post by The_Kernel »

RacquetballGangsta wrote:STILL TOP OF THE LEAGUE, HOEZ!
You might want to check the table one more time

RacquetballGangsta

The_Kernel wrote:
RacquetballGangsta wrote:STILL TOP OF THE LEAGUE, HOEZ!
You might want to check the table one more time

SYMANTIKZ
FOH
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

Y@k Bollocks

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

What the fuck are Tottenham playing at?! I actually think they're heading for the fizzy pop!

OK, West Ham lost to Hull, but we had chances and could have won it. I really don't think Spurs had a hope against Stoke. They were shite. Getting relegated is terrible, as all West Ham fans know, but we have the mentality every year that it could happen. Every Yids fan I know was still convinced up 'til a couple of weeks ago that Champions League was still a possibility! They're so unprepared for the unthinkable.

And for the record, I don't want them to go down as its a good fixture and the fans are very passionate. But fucking hell, it'd be quite funny.

Ramos out.

Comedy Quaddafi

I must admit I haven't watched a full Spurz game this year. What's their main pronlem? I figure there must be a few to chose from

1) Departure of Keano Berbs
2) Lightweight midfield that hasn't played enough together
3) Clumsy defense
4) Gomes

CL going on right now and it's looking like a good night. Great to see both Juve and Bayern back I have a secret wish they meet somewhere down the line. Aragones is fucking up in Fener, Zico is a great coach.

Berbs waaay offside.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Req

Post by Req »

:rofl: @Daniel Levy tryna outsmart United and it failing miserably

i almost hope they get relegated just for that
F.U. MOOLAH

Comedy Quaddafi

Mourinho lost his marbles....

Mourinho believes there are more divers in England than there are in Italy and he has revealed the best of those who like hitting the ground as he blasts the Premier League and shares his belief of a cheating attitude in blighty.

"I am no longer the Chelsea coach but there is a diving culture in England," Mourinho told Feelfootball.com

"I think I am right if I say that [Didier] Drogba, [Cristiano] Ronaldo, [Fernando] Torres and [Robin] Van Persie are all divers.

"These are strikers who have won plenty of penalties over the years.

"English football criticises divers but it's the coaches' who teach the players to play this way.

"Where as in Spain, Italy and Portugal, players are taught to win in the right ways by playing proper football.

"Therefore when a player moves to the Premier League, he has to adapt and learn how to dive.

"Drogba is a better player now than what he was, as is Torres and Ronaldo."

The coach also gave his own opinion on diving and he admits he doesn't like it and that players should only go down if they are hacked badly.

"I don't like players diving but I will not be happy if one of mine stays on his feet if he gets fouled badly," added the 'Special One'

"It's rare for referees to give free kicks if a player stays on his feet, even if the challenge is a bad one.

"I tell my players to be firm and not naive."

Mourinho's latest attack is likely to cause a massive reaction from England as the coach continues to pick a fight with everyone involved in the game.

It's not the first time the coach has caused controversy with his lyrical vibes.

Most people don't watch Serie A because of diving and other fairy-elements of the game, ironically. LOL @ the shot @ Drogba, he never seemed to notice when he was coaching him. Inzaghi is the uncrowned queen of diving as well...
- MB

Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Wildly hypocritical of Mourinho - his Porto team were explicitly told to dive.
Also - why doesn't anyone in the media ever point out that Gerrard is perhaps the worst diver in the EPL?

Beckham to Milan! That'll be interesting....its where he should've gone in the first place before his vanity trip to LA anyway...

Comedy Quaddafi

Sideways wrote: Also - why doesn't anyone in the media ever point out that Gerrard is perhaps the worst diver in the EPL?
Quite true. He stands on the edge of the box, makes a long dribble towards the spot, gets cornered and falls everytime with his noble gentleman-face indicating he has been done wrong. I guess there's players who're beyond critique.

And yeah, Deco hardly stood on his feet when Porto won.

Walcott and Rooney could carry England all the way to SA the way theyre playing ATM.
- MB

Juice

Post by Juice »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote: Most people don't watch Serie A because of diving and other fairy-elements of the game
:larry:

Seria A is the most brutal footbal league in Europe.Italians are faggots by nature that is correct, but the Italian way of playing football is not fairy its ugly, unfair and has differend standarts. If you have diving on one hand. on the attacking side of the game , you got ugly tackles, grabing shirts, kicking and punching on the other.Italian defenders are ruthless and the standarts for getting a yellow card in Italy is much higher than in lets say England or Germany.They are extremists in every way, but the league is far from being fairy.trust.

Comedy Quaddafi

Some of the most tough and brave players ever are Italian, I just hear that shit from all angles at sportspubs and such. Only follow the league by highlights and watch the occasional derby.

You have to admit though, their midfielders stay down a looong time when they get pushed.
- MB

Req

Post by Req »

Sideways wrote:Wildly hypocritical of Mourinho - his Porto team were explicitly told to dive.
srsly, that performance against Celtic in the Uefa Cup about 5 years ago was a disgrace. Every 2 minutes another one was on the floor rollin around
F.U. MOOLAH

RacquetballGangsta

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=930007
LMAO @ Gallas
:naswtf:

24/10/2008 19:59
Gallas Photo Is A Drag For Wenger
A photograph of club captain William Gallas leaving a London nightclub with a cigarette in his mouth has been described by Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger as 'unacceptable.'

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed that he will speak to his captain, 31-year-old French international defender William Gallas, regarding a picture of him leaving a nightvlub in the early hours of the morning with an unlit cigarette in his mouth.

However, Wenger has also gone out of his way to stress that Gallas is still the right man to lead the Gunners on the pitch.

He said of the photograph, "I will check that with him. He has a responsibility as captain of Arsenal and that cannot be accepted.

"I didn't see the picture. I have been informed, but I don't like that," added Wenger.

"It is a public job with a public responsibility and therefore it is exactly the same for everybody."

But he continued: "William has his critics but what you can never fault him [for] is the motivation."

Arsenal visit West Ham for Sunday's London derby, and despite the photograph, Wenger feels Gallas has responded well to the criticism he received after last season's fall from grace when he lost the plot at the end of the Gunners' 2-2 draw at Birmingham and staged a one-man sit-down protest on the St Andrews pitch.

Wenger considered taking the armband off him at the time, but decided to stick with Gallas as captain, and feels he has grown in stature after the disappointment of last season.

"He has learned a lot. He has taken a lot of criticism, of course, but I think he took it in a positive way," said Wenger.

"He himself has come out and said, 'I made a mistake last year and I will change and re-address my attitude'."

Wenger believes his presence is important for guiding a young side.

"He wants to do well, he wants his team to win and he has made a mistake - who didn't?" said Wenger.

"Even great captains make mistakes. William has worked very hard to come back from his injury and looks very sharp now."

Gallas should be fit toface West Ham after recovering fromthe thigh injury referred tobe his manager.

Mark Hinton, Goal.com
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

Comedy Quaddafi

Gallas is the worst captain ever! sick of this guy...
- MB

Y@k Bollocks

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Oh 'Arry! How could you.

:-(