LCN - The Audacity Of Coke Mixtape

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

FuhqUrDayUp

Post by FuhqUrDayUp »

Moolah wrote:
FuhqUrDayUp wrote:
Dids wrote:Seems like somebody should mentioned that everything Alaska said about how trite and cliche LCN's music basically applies to everything I've heard from Hustle himself. The last mixtape he put out here was just filled with competent, but boring as all fuck drug raps (none of which referenced his mom jacking his stash).
nothing you could ever say about rap will ever be relevant you fat faggot.
dids isn't fat
morbidly obese, sorry.

rapgame

Post by rapgame »

ALASKA wrote:Oh indeed. Know what's really gay? Naming yourself rapgame if you are under 15. Know what's totally gay? Naming yourself rapgame if you are over 15.
Mad? :owens: Go cry in a corner somewhere.

If picking a random phrase from a rap song you were listening to at the time you registered on this board because you didn't give a fuck to put much thought into your "board handle" is gay, then I can't imagine how gay it would be for a 4th rate El-P message board roadie nobody who chose the name Alaska as their board handle(or mc name?) to get agitated by an internet message board kid named 'rapgame' telling him his laser helmet pots and pans punk rock emo dork rap movement is for LULz.

Two things:

1) I've had my chuckle for the day, thank you.

2) Ill Bill's bank account just generated more interest (even with a shitty rate) in the time this post has been up than your rap hobby ever/has will generate.

Wait - it's not about money or hustle, it's about ART right? Go glue on a French moustache, cross your legs real tight and paint an abstract painting for me and you can be my donut eating bitch from here on out. Sound good?

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

thread got angry

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:I did like one song I heard a while back though, some dude says "my appartment is fucked up, LOOK AT MY FURNITURE" ID?
You mean "shit the furniture's moved" from Non Phixion's CIA Is Trying To Kill Me?

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

rapgame wrote:
ALASKA wrote:Oh indeed. Know what's really gay? Naming yourself rapgame if you are under 15. Know what's totally gay? Naming yourself rapgame if you are over 15.

If picking a random phrase from a rap song you were listening to at the time you registered on this board because you didn't give a fuck to put much thought into your "board handle" is gay, then I can't imagine how gay it would be for a 4th rate El-P message board roadie nobody who chose the name Alaska as their board handle(or mc name?) to get agitated by an internet message board kid named 'rapgame' telling him his laser helmet pots and pans punk rock emo dork rap movement is for LULz.

Two things:

2) Ill Bill's bank account just generated more interest (even with a shitty rate) in the time this post has been up than your rap hobby ever/has will generate.

Wait - it's not about money or hustle, it's about ART right? Go glue on a French moustache, cross your legs real tight and paint an abstract painting for me and you can be my donut eating bitch from here on out. Sound good?
:larry:

You are a complete fucking idiot.

the brow

Post by the brow »

thekeentwo wrote:thread got angry
Former juggalos/current LCN fans have emotional issues.
Shoot bro, I got a waterproof suit yo.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

rapgame wrote:

Two things:

Naysayer

Post by Naysayer »

lmao@hustle makin it sound like theres legions of grown ass men and acne riddled prepubes wildin in da streetz punching peoples faces who don't sacrifice their kool g tapes at the altar or wigger rap.

Shit is corn.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Rapgame, I could have sworn you are either Copywrite or Rugged Intellect. No relation to either?

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

Naysayer wrote:lmao@hustle makin it sound like theres legions of grown ass men and acne riddled prepubes wildin in da streetz punching peoples faces who don't sacrifice their kool g tapes at the altar or wigger rap.

Shit is corn.

i didn't say that you fuckshit, but they have developed fairly large cult following and that's without an album out.

most cats are right now are listening to Gucci Mane & Drake and all of the other blogger favorites not G Rap dummy. I know dudes in their mid & late 30's who only listen to " what's hot" because they want to appeal to bitches in the club and look cool when they're drivin around. You bring up someone like G RAP and they're like" HOLY SHIT I USED TO LISTEN TO HIM 15 YEARS AGO!" * back to Lil Weezy *

who gives a fuck what color your fans are, fans = money & a career dumbass.

again if LCN were black this wouldn't even be a discussion on here.

wigga

whitey

cracker

honkey

peckerwood

i love it all

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

HustleCrowe wrote: i didn't say that you fuckshit, but they have developed fairly large cult following and that's without an album out.
Collectively, they have a pre-existing, built-in fanbase, you hicktown hack. Rep for them as hard as they want: They still won't let you open for them.
HustleCrowe wrote:who gives a fuck what color your fans are
LOLz. You'd be surprised.
HustleCrowe wrote:again if LCN were black this wouldn't even be a discussion on here.

wigga

whitey

cracker

honkey

peckerwood

i love it all
A deepseated desire to be African-American never produces positive results for any pasteoid. This isn't race-based, shitface. It's age-based.

Remember: Your whiteness only hurts you.

Naysayer

Post by Naysayer »

Their about to drop their FIRST album and already theres gangs of kids with LCN tatts who would punch you in the face if you said they were
wack.
This is you, you thin-skinned, bearded sissy.

You're right. It ain't about race, it's about your rabid, starry-eyed fanatical defense of this shit. You could've just left it at "they have a cult following" or "different strokes, I dig em'" but instead decided to go the "THEYZ DA TROOF" route.

So go ahead with that the white dope selling rapper is so persecuted shit, fanboy.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

HustleCrowe wrote:
Naysayer wrote:lmao@hustle makin it sound like theres legions of grown ass men and acne riddled prepubes wildin in da streetz punching peoples faces who don't sacrifice their kool g tapes at the altar or wigger rap.

Shit is corn.

i didn't say that you fuckshit, but they have developed fairly large cult following and that's without an album out.

most cats are right now are listening to Gucci Mane & Drake and all of the other blogger favorites not G Rap dummy. I know dudes in their mid & late 30's who only listen to " what's hot" because they want to appeal to bitches in the club and look cool when they're drivin around. You bring up someone like G RAP and they're like" HOLY SHIT I USED TO LISTEN TO HIM 15 YEARS AGO!" * back to Lil Weezy *

who gives a fuck what color your fans are, fans = money & a career dumbass.

again if LCN were black this wouldn't even be a discussion on here.

wigga

whitey

cracker

honkey

peckerwood

i love it all
Sole wrote:i've heard worse music, i expected this to be terrible. the production is pretty good. the raps are pretty good. i met ill bill in like 97 and ciphered with him at fat beats. he seemed like a nice enough guy. this stuff reminds me of old jedi mind tricks. im just not that into east coast shit i guess, if im forced to listen to rap i pick southern rap, just cuz aesthetically its more creative and interesting to me. some people think it sounds like car alarms, but i guess i like car alarms.
LOLz @ HustleCrowe being a closeted Anticon fan.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

I'M BLACK, I TYPE IN ALL CAPS (SO THE FUCK WHAT), AND I RESPECT THE BRANDIN OF LCN.

I WENT TO A SHOW 2 YEARS AGO IN HOLLYWOOD WITH EVIDENCE AND DEFARI AS THE HEADLINERS. ON THE BILL ALSO WAS LCN AND IT WAS BILLED AS THEIR FIRST LA SHOW. AT THE TIME I WAS KIND OF UNFAMILIAR WITH THEM AS A UNIT, EVEN THOUGH I KNEW ABOUT EVERLAST AND ILL BILL. SLAINE I GOT INTO AROUND THIS TIME BECAUSE OF HIS WORK WITH SPECIAL TEAMZ AND HIS SOLO SHIT. SAY WHAT U WANT ABOUT SLAINE, BUT HE CAN SPIT FLAMES.

ANYWAYS, I SAW A BUNCH OF HEADS AT THE SHOW WITH LCN T-SHIRTS ON AND I WAS SAYIN TO MYSELF, WHO THE FUCK R THESE CATS? WHEN THESE FOOLS HIT THE STAGE, IT TURNED IN TO A ROCK CONCERT. MUTHFUCKAS STARTED MOSHIN AND SHIT AND SINCE I'M BLACK AND LOOKIN FRESH TO DEF, I AIN'T TRYIN TO GET MY KICKS STEPPED ON OR I'MA BE FIRIN OFF ON PEOPLES DOMES AND SHIT. B-REAL AND SICK JACKEN CAME ON STAGE TO RAP ON "FUCK TONY MONTANA" AND THE CROWD WENT EVEN MORE NUTS BECAUSE SICK SYMPHONIES/PSYCHO REALM HAD JUST WENT ON STAGE BEFORE LCN AND THEIR FANS R ON SOME CULT FOLLOWIN, NOMADIC SHIT.

THEY CLOSED BY PERFORMIN THE OLD HOUSE OF PAIN SONG, "JUMP AROUND" AND LITERALLY, ABOUT 60% OF THE FANS LEFT THE VENUE. MOST OF THEM WERE PSYCHO REALM FANS, BUT A GOOD PORTION OF THEM WERE LCN FANS ALSO. NOBODY GAVE A FUCK ABOUT EVIDENCE AND DEFARI, BUT I STAYED BECAUSE I HAD GOT IN FREE OFF THE STRENGTH OF PACIFIC DIVISION WHO OPENED THAT NIGHT ALSO.

EVA SINCE THAT DAY, I SEE ALL KINDS OF WHITEBOYS ON THE STREETS LA WITH LCN SHIRTS. I HAD PREDICTED EARLIER IN THE YEAR THAT THEIR ALBUM WOULD SELL 100,000 INDEPENDENTLY. I DON'T THINK THAT WILL HAPPEN ANYMORE, BUT BY JULY 22ND, WE SHOULD GET 1ST WEEK SALES REPORTS BACK AND THAT COULD BE A CLEAR INDICATION OF WHERE THE GROUP STANDS.

BlingRhames

Post by BlingRhames »

What an awful thread.
Sebastian gets busy wrote:look there is still a chANCE THIS WAS A GIRL

Falside

Post by Falside »

I'M BLACK, I TYPE IN ALL CAPS
:naswtf:

the brow

Post by the brow »

beatsmith wrote:
I'M BLACK, I TYPE IN ALL CAPS
:naswtf:
Letter cases confuse teh blackz.
Shoot bro, I got a waterproof suit yo.

RAZAH CUTZ

Post by RAZAH CUTZ »

cats is tajkin this shit waaay too serious.....

I'm Latino and I'll say this much, these cats ain't no damn wiggas or whatever....

I thought they were a bunch of working class Irishmen and Jews from Boston and Brooklyn I thought?

Last I checked I build and grew up with a good number of those typa white folks.....true not all of em' got love for minorities, we know that to the fullest, but these cats ain't on that bullshit....I like some of their verses, the mixtape is a strong effort if you enjoy a good conspiracy theory, end of story....

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

ALASKA wrote:This group and their fans are the embodiment of all that is wrong with rap, white people, and America.
:ohsh: :lol: :ohsh: :lol:
HIRED GUN-Straight Organics
http://www.freshrootsmusic.com

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

HustleCrowe wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:
ALASKA wrote:This group and their fans are the embodiment of all that is wrong with rap, white people, and America.

aren't you a white rapper? and last time I checked the owner of the label that you're on fucks with Ill Bill.

it's funny how elitist Phila Flava posters act, like the world of music doesn't exist outside of these forums.
now to seriously address this.

is that seriously your response. because im a white rapper and my boy knows bill i should just accept some two bit copy of music from 15 years ago as the fresh shit? you live in providence and you have a fishermans beard by that logic you should work at the gortons fish stick factory. if you like them you like them, bully for you. I personally think that whole style is tired as fuck.

they dont suck because they are white or because of their gimmick. they suck because they are still doing the same people were doing better 15 years ago. there is no evolution, there is nothing new or fresh. its like they are basically tracing. the reason hip hop is in a shitty place is because 95% of the artists are making music that was done 15 years ago, and not adding any new wrinkles, shit they are barely adding new lines. and it goes across all genres. for every clipse, there are 99 rappers badly copying illmatic or the infamous. for every doom there are 99 rappers making bad versions of natural elements. for every slug and el there are 1000 rappers making bad versions of overcast or funcrusher.

remember tapes? when you got like 4 or 5 generations away from the original source material the quality started to suck....well thats what we have here, a tape that is about 10 generations away from the original. so the quality sucks.

Here we go, back to the " your from Providence", I am from Providence, great, You're from New York City, what do you think your OPINION holds more weight or you're some kind of tough guy? Ive been to New York City numerous times, apparently you've never been here and probably don't give a fuck about coming here which I understand completely and even if you have been here it was probably to one of the college areas or whatever. My point being it doesn't matter where you're from. And I love my beard, you jelly?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, Im not trying to defend LCN but you sound very salty.

I know alot of people who think Atmosphere suck, but they respect their hustle and I think the same should be said for LCN. Their about to drop their FIRST album and already theres gangs of kids with LCN tatts who would punch you in the face if you said they were wack. And yo this rap shit is a hustle, LCN have created a strong hustle which is why they're on tour in Europe and on Rock The Bells and Alaska is sitting at a desk hating. Oh and as for the subject matter, Alot of it may not be anything new but it's new in the way it's done, especially in todays rap game, We need more hardcore in your fuckin face artists, Especially ones who can make alot of noise and open the doors up and I think having the co-sign of B Real, Bun B and Snoop Dogg is a good start.

How many rappers rap about the hood, selling drugs, fuckin bitches , money etc etc but don't recieve even close the hate that LCN is getting from Philaflava? Maybe some of yall should get on your grind and maybe you'll be on tour and have legions of fans. Your boys are doin it Alaska, why aren't you? I can't even believe you responded to this, you're suppose to be a professional rapper. I know if i was in your position I wouldn't give two fucks about a message board, Hoping to get there soon.

Everything Balzac has been saying is on point. And Random Sample is on point to, They get a ton of love from NYHC and hardcore cats because of their DMS affiliation.

I think people need to stop with all of the " wigger" bullshit and just listen to the music like you would a black rapper or anyone else. Gloss get over it bro, not every white kid is suburban bred american eagle softbatch. Aren't you from Philly? There's no specific way a white person or black person should act and if you think that you are one of the most ignorant people ive ever known. Is Tiger Woods an uncle tom because he isn't on some " yo nigga let's go fuck some ho's and drank a 40 afta da Mastaz" ?

It's so funny and ironic how uptight whites are so quick to call other whites " wiggers" .... ive never seen anything quite like it.
you know those things are mutually exclusive, right? I love watching these arguments from afar and watch cats completely gloss over the actual point to combat all the little side comments and non-essential issues.

Alaska said the style is played. You didnt answer that. Your answer is respect the hustle. You realize that you can be real good at pushing a brand or an image, even if that brand or image isn't that dope, right? Welcome to corporate America. Call them great businessmen, and good at what they do, but if Alaska is saying, i'm not feeling it cause its been done before, answer that. The only person making this a black/white issue is you. You are a fan, its clear, so you might not be the most objective person to have this discussion with....but at least be straight up and go at the actual criticism rather then sidestep the shit.
HIRED GUN-Straight Organics
http://www.freshrootsmusic.com

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

hired gun wrote:you know those things are mutually exclusive, right? I love watching these arguments from afar and watch cats completely gloss over the actual point to combat all the little side comments and non-essential issues.

Alaska said the style is played. You didnt answer that. Your answer is respect the hustle. You realize that you can be real good at pushing a brand or an image, even if that brand or image isn't that dope, right? Welcome to corporate America. Call them great businessmen, and good at what they do, but if Alaska is saying, i'm not feeling it cause its been done before, answer that. The only person making this a black/white issue is you. You are a fan, its clear, so you might not be the most objective person to have this discussion with....but at least be straight up and go at the actual criticism rather then sidestep the shit.
co-sign this man. amazed at the ridiculous shit dropped in this thread.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

SYM wrote:
hired gun wrote:you know those things are mutually exclusive, right? I love watching these arguments from afar and watch cats completely gloss over the actual point to combat all the little side comments and non-essential issues.

co-sign this man. amazed at the ridiculous shit dropped in this thread.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

the hired gun just had a direct hit.

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

dope blog

http://karmaloopblogs.com/2009/07/from- ... -of-slaine

bout to go copp the album.....

Rock The Bells is gonna be off the hook....

starks

Post by starks »

is that song in your sig real? can you up it? its great

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

starks wrote:is that song in your sig real? can you up it? its great

ohhhh yes that song is REALER THAN REAL! That's POWER POP! Mafuckas aint even ready!

peace to the Artist formely known as Comel aka Bisquite aka the KING of Power Pop ... undisputed

he'll have an album out soon... and mafuckas will be living next to Ice T going to coke parties......

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

here's some more for ya

Beloved

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6zTYau6ROc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6zTYau6ROc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

and my bro Jahpan aka the Japleezy Carson Show

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c-qbOfYs7pw&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c-qbOfYs7pw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

<object width="400" height="302"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id= ... llscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id= ... llscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="302"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/3391407">DEF DEFIANCE</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user658511">Richard Abbruzzese</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

I learned a lot about Afro-Euro-Americans in this thread. Very educational.

:cheers:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/URbrlnWhCLc?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/URbrlnWhCLc?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>