NBA 09-10 Playoffs: First Round Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Never expected the Lakers to sweep.

Kobe needs to rethink his commitment to Team USA, and get his old ass some rest.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

my two favorite insider rumors today:

Is Bosh-to-Thunder a possibility?
12:16
PM ET
Chris Bosh | Raptors Top Email

The Toronto Star has a story on Toronto Raptors free agent forward Chris Bosh and his options during the upcoming free agency period, and one intriguing possibility that is mentioned is Bosh signing with the Oklahoma City Thunder.

The article notes that one incentive for Bosh is that OKC is close to his Dallas home. But there's more reason than that. Anyone who saw the Thunder knock off the Lakers in Game 3 last night would have to be excited about the possibility of playing with Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and James Harden for the next few years, and Bosh would fill a real need for the Thunder as a post scorer. From a talent and roster perspective, OKC is a much more attractive option than either the Chicago Bulls or the Miami Heat, and with several of the top Western Conference teams getting to be on the older side, the Thunder is poised to be a threat in the West for years to come. We're just speculating on all of this, but given all these reasons and the fact that the organization will have plenty of cap space this summer, you'd think Bosh would have to start giving the team some serious consideration.

Chad Ford
If Bosh wants a title, OKC could be the place
"I think they'll have a compelling case. They're close to his home. Offer two young superstar quality talents to put him with. Have a great owner, GM and fan base. If I was Bosh, I'd play for them over any team out there short of some sort of Dream Team hook up with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade in Miami. I don't know what Bosh will do ... Chicago and Miami will both be tempting. NY too if LeBron came. But if he values winning a championship, I think he should run to OKC."

Where's J.J.?
4:36
PM ET
J.J. Hickson | Cavaliers Top Email

Young big man J.J. Hickson had a bit of a coming out party for the Cavs this season. Cleveland found him so valuable, in fact, that when teams asked for Hickson in return in trade talks heading into the deadline, the Cavs flatly refused.

Hickson averaged 20 minutes a game this season for the Cavs. But in the first three games of their first-round series with the Bulls? He's only averaging 30 seconds.

So what gives? Well, for starters, this is the playoffs. And the Cavs have several quality, veteran big men in Shaquille O'Neal, Anderson Varejao, Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Antawn Jamison. So Mike Brown has chosen to go with experienced players over his 21-year-old youngster.

Yet, Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Dealer tweets today: "LeBron said he'd like to see J.J. Hickson more in Game 4. But Mike Brown said that his main plan with bigs is to get Shaq going."

Hickson might not have as much experience, but Shaq, after going off in Game 1, had a rough game last evening in the Cavs' loss. Giving Hickson a little more run in Game 4 could prove to be a good spark off the bunch, as Hickson could match the intensity of Joakim Noah.

Yet, it appears Brown has little interest in playing Hickson, so he may continue to remain on the bench.

^^
mike brown. you're a way better assistant than head coach, let me tell you
Nets 2022

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Don't like OKC as a destination for Bosh.

Bosh wants to go somewhere and be the alpha dog. If he lands there, he won't be happy as second banana.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Why is Michael Beasley such a shitty basketball player?

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Positive A wrote:Don't like OKC as a destination for Bosh.

Bosh wants to go somewhere and be the alpha dog. If he lands there, he won't be happy as second banana.
And a team can't win with Bosh as the alpha dog either..

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Bosh to OKC could be interesting. Jeff Green is aiight, but I wouldn't want him on my team if I could get Bosh. I'd tell Green to hit the road if Bosh was available. Ibaka could be the backup PF/C and has the potential to be a Anderson Varejao/Chris Andersen type who comes off the bench and ignites a team. With Durant and Westbrook, Bosh could make them a deadly.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Positive A wrote:Why is Michael Beasley such a shitty basketball player?
Bease is steppin' it up BIG in the 4th.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Big Breeze wrote:Bosh to OKC could be interesting. Jeff Green is aiight, but I wouldn't want him on my team if I could get Bosh. I'd tell Green to hit the road if Bosh was available. Ibaka could be the backup PF/C and has the potential to be a Anderson Varejao/Chris Andersen type who comes off the bench and ignites a team. With Durant and Westbrook, Bosh could make them a deadly.
hell naw i love green. green can play defense, he's tough, and he hits open threes
Nets 2022

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Reason wrote:
Big Breeze wrote:Bosh to OKC could be interesting. Jeff Green is aiight, but I wouldn't want him on my team if I could get Bosh. I'd tell Green to hit the road if Bosh was available. Ibaka could be the backup PF/C and has the potential to be a Anderson Varejao/Chris Andersen type who comes off the bench and ignites a team. With Durant and Westbrook, Bosh could make them a deadly.
hell naw i love green. green can play defense, he's tough, and he hits open threes
Bosh gives you none of the above.

jazztomovethatass

Post by jazztomovethatass »

ill buzzer by pierce right there.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

dwyane wade :ohsh:

bye bye max contract?
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Positive A wrote:
Reason wrote:
Bosh gives you none of the above.
exactly why i'd love to have em on the same team

it's so easy! harden, durant, westbrook, maynor, green, ibaka = 1st round rookie contracts

get bosh.
Nets 2022

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Looks great on paper, but where do Bosh's 17 FGA come from? Durant and Westbrook have to give up shots now? Durant is about to avg 33+ next season.

I think Bosh is going to the Bulls. And its a perfect for him and the Bulls.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Reason wrote:
He's an undersized power forward, who is not a strong rebounder and not a low post scoring presence. OKC needs points in the paint and Jeff Green is expendable. I'm willing to bet that J Green is gone from the Thunder in 2 years regardless if Bosh comes in.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Big Breeze wrote:
Reason wrote:
He's an undersized power forward, who is not a strong rebounder and not a low post scoring presence. OKC needs points in the paint and Jeff Green is expendable. I'm willing to bet that J Green is gone from the Thunder in 2 years regardless if Bosh comes in.
forget positions. he can guard small 4s and big 3s. he is a good rebounder (you can't go by totals on this team) and by good rebounder i mean actually good - he boxes out and positions well. at this point i'm not arguing he'd team up well with bosh, there certainly is enough logic to support it wouldnt' work out great, but jeff green is way more important to the thunder's success than people give him credit for
Nets 2022

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

I don't think Jeff Green is a PF at all. He just plays there for OKC because he's one of the few people on the roster that can guard 4s. Jeff Green is playing out of position but the thing is, he also causes mis matches for some 4s so I don't think it's too big of a problem.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Trading Bosh to OKC would be ideal for the raps. If they could somehow pry Green and Harden, I would be ecstatic.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Trading? Bosh is going to walk away in free agency and the Rap will get nothing in return.

He has a player option for next year, but like everyone else he is opting out to, "explore the market."

Bosh in OKC would be bonkers. An Ibaka, Bosh, Durant, Thebo, Westbrook starting 5 would be the longest in the league. Plus Green, Harden, Maynor, and Collison on the bench...nasty lineup.

The Thunder only have about 40 mil on the books for next year giving them about exactly enough to sign a player to a max deal. If Lebron really wanted to a fist full of rings he'd sign in OKC, no team has better, quality, young, defensive oriented, pieces in place. Imagine Lebron's willingness to pass matched with Durant's scoring ability :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh:

...I mean never gonna happen, but still.

an-also

Post by an-also »

VideoKilledThe wrote:Trading? Bosh is going to walk away in free agency and the Rap will get nothing in return.
Bosh gets an extra 30 million if we do a sign and trade. When he leaves, hes more than likely looking for a sign and trade.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Either way OKC is in great shape to add a max deal through a trade, resign Durant to a max deal, and probably still have some wiggle room.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

harden is awesome. he's a beast. his arms are fucking long as shit yet he's not skinny like the tayshaun's and barbosa's of the long armed worled

pau is basically showing everyone he might be the best player on the lakers

artest on offense is hilarious

ibaka is such a live body and has so much energy

lol @ shannon brown getting hugely significant minutes
Nets 2022

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Lakers getting straight rocked.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

stupidregister wrote:Lakers getting straight rocked.
bulls-thunder finals baby. let's go 8 seeds
Nets 2022

jazztomovethatass

Post by jazztomovethatass »

Reason wrote:harden is awesome. he's a beast..
his 4-point play on Kobe was crazy.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Cowy wrote:Loving OKC but who the fuck is this James Harden guy?
Westbrook is going to be 3rd best pg in the league very very soon. OKC is taking this game, too much energy, hustle plays, and Durant is looking a lot less frustrated with Artest.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

it'll be deron williams, rose, and westbrook in no particular order by 2011

i really feel like paul has reached his peak b/c of injuries/durability

john wall will be on their heels

stephen curry/jennings could crack the top 5 eventually

watch out for austin rivers :gyeah:
Nets 2022

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Russell Westbrook>>>>>

Do you believe yet???

Thunder are scary.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

happy to see the Lakers lose again

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Man, that shit was embarrassing :oops:. We gave up like midway through the second quarter, just straight up did not compete. At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see us become the 4th 1 seed dropped by an 8. You can't flip the switch on old, and the fact that we're bigger than them just makes their athleticism that much more of an advantage. If we can take game 5 maybe we can squeak this out in 7.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Awaiting the obligatory Phil Jackson bitching in 3...2...1...
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;