sage francis-Best of Times (off of li(f)e)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

to me it sounds like he is straight jacking Sunshine of the Spotless Mind from Jay Electronica but flipping it on some " I always respected this guy, bleh blah, I referenced my girlfriend etc."

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

www.myspace.com/sagefrancis

Album streaming right now. Listen if you want to cry tears of joy. Otherwise get the album on 5-11.

binary

Post by binary »

oh man, if this dude was black you guys would be jocking him so hard on some jay electronica multiplied by 5. Don't really see how this is bad, especially compared to 99% of the bullshit that gets props on here.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

:rofl: :rofl: @ this shit. Wow. Future Emo.

I want to smash my penis with a Soviet era sledgehammer.

IsleOfWhites

Post by IsleOfWhites »

Brougham33 wrote:www.myspace.com/sagefrancis

Album streaming right now. Listen if you want to cry tears of joy. Otherwise get the album on 5-11.
Pretty damn enjoyable listen.
drizzle wrote: if you showed this kind of excellent timing and gif selection every time nobody would ever give you shit

IsleOfWhites

Post by IsleOfWhites »

Employee wrote:I want to smash my penis with a Soviet era sledgehammer.
What else does Sage make you want to do to your penis?
drizzle wrote: if you showed this kind of excellent timing and gif selection every time nobody would ever give you shit

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

binary wrote:oh man, if this dude was black you guys would be jocking him so hard on some jay electronica multiplied by 5. Don't really see how this is bad, especially compared to 99% of the bullshit that gets props on here.

Simple Rock

Post by Simple Rock »

IsleOfWhites wrote:
Brougham33 wrote:www.myspace.com/sagefrancis

Pretty damn enjoyable listen.

post/name combo

DLG

Post by DLG »

this kind of acoustic guitar/banjo country production is only acceptable when buck 65 does it.

a healthy distrust is still the only album I can sometimes listen to because of the production.

bent

Post by bent »

DLG wrote:this kind of acoustic guitar/banjo country production is only acceptable when buck 65 does it.

a healthy distrust is still the only album I can sometimes listen to because of the production.
Yeah I hope this sound is a one time thing and he'll go back to that Healthy Distrust vibe.

But there are a couple of songs on this album that I like. Little Houdini is pretty cool.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

binary wrote:oh man, if this dude was black you guys would be jocking him so hard on some jay electronica multiplied by 5. God forbid you ever had to walk a mile in his shoes. 'Cause then you really might know what it's like to sing the blues.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

bent

Post by bent »

Listened again, this time while hungover. This is a great album, I like that it has a specific sound and vibe throughout the album.

Sage Francis remains my favorite rapper.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

The opener Little Houdini is pretty great, the other immediate standouts are I was Zero, 16 Years, and Best of Times. Some of the tracks just flat out don't work (3 sheets, London Bridge). So far I like it though, the album is pretty ambitious with the production but in my opinion he pulls it off without it coming off gimmicky. He is touring with a band for the live show so that should be worth seeing.

MouseTheProdigy

Post by MouseTheProdigy »

I really liked "Amelie"...most people here probably don't even know what that is or care, but it's a good happy ending foreign film (and happy endings are kinda rare in foreign films), I'll listen man, I always liked Sage, has an ill style on his own shit

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

sacred ipod

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

saw Sage perform last night, the band is on point.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

HustleCrowe wrote:saw Sage perform last night, the band is on point.
Did any of his new songs evoke an emotional warmth inside of you or your vagina?

MouseTheProdigy

Post by MouseTheProdigy »

I like this, it's like a spoken word piece with a nice little background, good building,
"thankfully I wrote the note in code...whoever read it probably died laughing" lol that's great
then moving into a gradually more rhythmic structure
don't give a fuck if cats aren't digging this, you can't deny the illness, you want 94/95 listen to Illmatic that's what I do, this is that new shit...stand up and bitch

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

MouseTheProdigy wrote:I like this, it's like a spoken word piece with a nice little background, good building,
"thankfully I wrote the note in code...whoever read it probably died laughing" lol that's great
don't give a fuck if cats aren't digging this, you can't deny the illness, you want 94/95 listen to Illmatic that's what I do, this is that new shit...stand up and bitch
you were 5 or less in 95. fact.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

MouseTheProdigy wrote:I like this, it's like a spoken word piece with a nice little background, good building,
You should probably just walk away from this forum. I don't think this is going to end well for you.

IsleOfWhites

Post by IsleOfWhites »

^^^^
Truths. See, what's gonna happen is a bunch of pasty senior citizens are going to photoshop that picture of you and they're gonna like put words on it, many of which will call into question your sexual identity.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

:rofl: at Mouse the Prodigy and his adorable rap hands.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

MouseTheProdigy wrote:I really liked "Amelie"...most people here probably don't even know what that is or care, but it's a good happy ending foreign film (and happy endings are kinda rare in foreign films), I'll listen man, I always liked Sage, has an ill style on his own shit

IVE NEVA HURD UV AMELIE OMG U'V GOT DA MUVEE KNAWLEDGE PLEAZE SKOOL US IGNANT NEGROES SO WE KUN AXPRESHIATE SAGE'S WUNDER

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

Brougham33 wrote::rofl: at Mouse the Prodigy and his adorable rap hands.
dude his whole page is rap hands

in fact lemme make an ani gif :megaman:

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

thekeentwo wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: REAL HIP HOP OVA HEAH

ogie

Post by ogie »

mouse looks exactly like the dude that got tasered in your sig. or maybe a young copywrite.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

MouseTheProdigy wrote:you can't deny the illness

zombie

Post by zombie »

Brougham33 wrote:
MouseTheProdigy wrote:you can't deny the illness
some of you guys say things just as nerdy.

watching some of you make fun of this guy is the equivalent of a downy making fun of an aspie.

CasOne

Post by CasOne »

thekeentwo wrote:Image
keen i wish you would marry me.