Rick Ross Albert Anastasia EP

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

step one

Post by step one »

good to see the 'you dont like coon rap so you must be a backpacker' retort rolled out for the umpteenth time.

Just serves to reinforce the fact that people who listen to this bullshit are fucking retarded.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

I'd like to see a scientific study that can prove a correlation between intelligence and your choice of music, not based on blowhard assumptions.

Personally, I don't listen to music to be challenged intellectually, and if I did I certainly wouldn't listen to rap to begin with. And I categorically refuse to believe you are smarter than me.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

chill out man, its not that serious. its just some rap. you and binary seem to get really stressed out in M2C

thanks for worrying about our low iq's though. ill remember to ask about the 'smart rap' section next time im in best buy

binary

Post by binary »

Piff Tannen wrote:chill out man, its not that serious. its just some rap. you and binary seem to get really stressed out in M2C

thanks for worrying about our low iq's though. ill remember to ask about the 'smart rap' section next time im in best buy
Just don't like seeing my black brothers embarrassing themselves in a stereotypical manner time and time again.

RAUCE.

It's not really about "smart" rap or "dumb" rap or "coon" rap either, it's about fools with no talent making shit-ass, formulaic, unoriginal garbage that gets eaten up by wiggers who think it's hip to root for these stereotypical assclowns that make a mockery of their community.....thus lowering the standards for everyone involved.

I could care less really, I check for a couple hip hop artists here and there and that's about it. It's just hilarious to see some of you still championing bullshit like this, no mater how comedic this 'genre" has become...and how redundant and shitty the music sounds.

I know some of you are pretty smart as well, which makes it even funnier; do you guys ever come in contact with the people that try to mimic these rappers on a daily basis or think the shit is actually good music? It's a sad thing to see.

step one

Post by step one »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:I'd like to see a scientific study that can prove a correlation between intelligence and your choice of music, not based on blowhard assumptions.

Personally, I don't listen to music to be challenged intellectually, and if I did I certainly wouldn't listen to rap to begin with. And I categorically refuse to believe you are smarter than me.
im working on the scientific study.

i dont listen to music to be challenged intellectually either but at the same time I try not to music made by those that are blatantly intellectually challenged.

oh, and im much fucking smarter than you. i dont spit at female shop assistants who may have looked at me funny for a start.

Comedy Quaddafi

step one wrote:
Comedy Quaddafi wrote:I'd like to see a scientific study that can prove a correlation between intelligence and your choice of music, not based on blowhard assumptions.

im working on the scientific study.

i dont listen to music to be challenged intellectually either but at the same time I try not to music made by those that are blatantly intellectually challenged.

oh, and im much fucking smarter than you. i dont spit at female shop assistants who may have looked at me funny for a start.
I have severe doubts that you have any credible reasoning for assuming Ross is stupid, either way I don't see why it should matter in regards to the quality of his music. James Brown was one of the greatest musicians ever and he never appeared very bright to me, just to name one. I'm prone to agressive behaviour, perhaps that says something about my emotional intelligence but certainly not all of my cerebral and cognitive skills.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

step one

Post by step one »

ok, dude you're taking it all a bit too seriously now. obviously I have no way of knowing of knowing how intelligent Rick Ross is but the fact he's an overweight bearded cunt making sub par music for cretins is enough to me to call him stupid.

also, re James Brown - I read his autobiography and he seems like a fairly smart dude. He also pretty much invented music as you know it so you know...

binary

Post by binary »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:
I have severe doubts that you have any credible reasoning for assuming Ross is stupid, .
Come on man.

Comedy Quaddafi

step one wrote:ok, dude you're taking it all a bit too seriously now. obviously I have no way of knowing of knowing how intelligent Rick Ross is but the fact he's an overweight bearded cunt making sub par music for cretins is enough to me to call him stupid.

also, re James Brown - I read his autobiography and he seems like a fairly smart dude. He also pretty much invented music as you know it so you know...
Still, you can't convincingly deduct that people who find his music entertaining/somehow endearing are stupid, and you can't convince me that you need to be intelligent to make good music. I don't know if James Brown was a bad example... Noreaga sounds like he couldn't pass 3rd grade, Capone is in and out of jail for dumb shit and Trag was a homeless drug-addict (although an Intelligent Hoodlum), still they made one of the finest rap albums ever.

I don't know if I sound like I'm taking this serious (remember this is the only place I communicate with people in the English language) - but I'm pretty indifferent, you were the one who went out of your way to go into a Rick Ross thread to call everyone stupid.

binary - You reasoned by bringing up the social stigmas of ignorant rap. I don't have that perspective. But I'll happily slander Nas and his pseduo-science with you :cheers:
- MB

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

binary wrote:
Piff Tannen wrote:chill out man, its not that serious. its just some rap. you and binary seem to get really stressed out in M2C

Just don't like seeing my black brothers embarrassing themselves in a stereotypical manner time and time again.

RAUCE.

It's not really about "smart" rap or "dumb" rap or "coon" rap either, it's about fools with no talent making shit-ass, formulaic, unoriginal garbage that gets eaten up by wiggers who think it's hip to root for these stereotypical assclowns that make a mockery of their community.....thus lowering the standards for everyone involved.

I could care less really, I check for a couple hip hop artists here and there and that's about it. It's just hilarious to see some of you still championing bullshit like this, no mater how comedic this 'genre" has become...and how redundant and shitty the music sounds.

I know some of you are pretty smart as well, which makes it even funnier; do you guys ever come in contact with the people that try to mimic these rappers on a daily basis or think the shit is actually good music? It's a sad thing to see.
:rofl: @ Piff, cause that's just funny. but :cheers: to binary, cause I am with you on this one, even though I do NOT want to take sides in this. We are all awesome because we all keep hip hop alive, no matter what side of the spectrum you are on.

but I still gotta co-sign this post.

rap is outta control, and new school motherfuckers are more the problem than the solution.

if Rick was even HALFWAY real, he would have some redemption songs.
you know why I believe Jay-Z? because he wanted to GET OUT OF THE CRACK GAME.
Rick Ross talks like it's all good and he's the invincible kingpin and doesn't really reflect the dark spectrum of emotions and difficult decisions that one has to make when they are a drug dealer, FOR REAL. Dude mostly raps about the high life, from what I hear.
We don't believe you, you need more people.

I can't stand the post-pseudo-ironic-douchebag-nouveau-chic-nu-wave-retro-ghetto-urban-modern-proto-emo-dayglo-"don't call me a hipster"-hipster-ass-white-trash-in-blackface motherfuckers that are the supposed to be the new generation of hip hop who don't give a fuck about NOTHING and think it's all entertainment. YOU don't need to get involved on a deeper level, but to disrespect those who are?? :wtf: :roll: FUCK YOURSELF. hip hop culture is real, even if you are not real about hip hop culture (but love to pretend you are, to your friends and yourself).

there's a LOT of intentional ignorance in modern day rap, and i have no respect for it, or anyone who perpetuates it.

if you like Wacka Flocka Flame cause of his voice, cool.
if you like him cause he's the new stupid fad to jam to for a second... you ain't shit.

and word to KRS One and some of these other cats lately: FOOLS NEED TO BE CALLED OUT NOW SO THE BULLSHIT DOESN'T GO ON TOO FAR AND WIDE IN HIP HOP. THIS IS HOW IT USED TO BE BACK IN THE DAYS, WHICH IS WHY THEY CALL IT 'THE GOLDEN ERA'. "NO BITING ALLOWED" ~MEANT SOMETHING~. Most cats nowadays ain't bringing shit to the table, real talk. FUCK THEM. And FUCK holding my tongue about it.

speak up, speak out and say something

*rant done*
carry on, gentlemen. :megaman:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

what was the last rick ross song all yall heard?

supnick

Post by supnick »

i think i'm big meech

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

binary is, and has always been, afraid that all of us white devils are (subconsciously?) on some "Dance, Boy, Dance" shit. Its pretty cute and noble, but makes for an annoying persona when its his only trick. We get it, ak.

Even if that were the case in general, you have to be pretty ignorant (or so agenda-driven that you might as well be) to slander Ross' skills on the mic.

Nom Inf

Post by Nom Inf »

binary wrote:

RAUCE.

Real shit, this whole time I thought you were a white dude. I gotta go do my homework.

binary

Post by binary »

blastmaster wrote:
Even if that were the case in general, you have to be pretty ignorant (or so agenda-driven that you might as well be) to slander Ross' skills on the mic.
wtf? Dude is asscheeks.

It's not really "dance boy, dance" shit either. It's more "oh look at that black guy doing his thing, dope' despite the fact that the black guy is a fucking non-talent dumbass that embarrasses his people repeatedly and habitually falls into a detrimental stereotype.....and is somehow proud of it because he's a retard. I just can't be entertained by this...don't wanna get banned either, I'm done have your fun.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

^Shut up, nigger.
"Anything posted/said by Drastik is false and should not be taken seriously."

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

There are only 2 reasons why I listen to Rick Ross:

1- I smoke copious amounts of drugs.
2- I smoke copious amounts of drugs. For free.

There also just so happens to be instances where I believe myself to either be Big Demetrius Meech Flenory or Larry Hoover. Bauce.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

MC Hammer>>>>>>>

Nom Inf

Post by Nom Inf »

Drastik wrote:^Shut up, nigger.
:bunk:

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

i bet binary doesnt like tracy morgan either

Nom Inf

Post by Nom Inf »

Piff Tannen wrote:i bet binary doesnt like tracy morgan either
If binary is indeed a "brotha", he is a very peculiar one. Check his post history. Something doesn't add up.

I don't like Tracy Morgan either, though. Not as a comedian/actor.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Nom Inf wrote:
Niggas being a righteous prick. Plus, I've had enough darkness this weekend that can last me a lifetime. :omgacist:

Outside King of Diamonds

Inside King of Diamonds

Took a flick of my homie Kronik in the donk

Yea we did the "take a picture of each other" gay shit`

Picked up some meds on the beach

DAYTIME

BTW, where the fuck were you this weekend? Weren't you gonna drive your happy ass down here and kick it?

Nom Inf

Post by Nom Inf »

Drastik wrote:
Nom Inf wrote:
Niggas being a righteous prick. Plus, I've had enough darkness this weekend that can last me a lifetime. :omgacist:

Outside King of Diamonds

Inside King of Diamonds

Took a flick of my homie Kronik in the donk

Yea we did the "take a picture of each other" gay shit`

Picked up some meds on the beach

DAYTIME

BTW, where the fuck were you this weekend? Weren't you gonna drive your happy ass down here and kick it?
Ended up having fam come in town for a Jazz Festival. I don't get to see my grandmother much so I had to do the honorable thing. But man, by the looks of them hoes me and grandma shoulda took a road trip.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Granny woulda been proud. FACT!

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

they nailed Jesus to the cross
my jeweler nail the piece, 30 G's for me to floss
...lord, forgive me, i'm a sinner
still smokin bible paper, Revelations gettin thinner

This tape isn't as awesome as I'd have liked it to be, but anyone still fronting on Ross' lyricism and flow is obviously just skimming through.

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:they nailed Jesus to the cross

This tape isn't as awesome as I'd have liked it to be, but anyone still fronting on Ross' lyricism and flow is obviously just skimming through.
agreed. If folks wanna hate on the content, then that's another argument. It's easy to say "there he goes again, talking bout drugs, hoes, and money." I tend to listen to HOW it's said, with less importance on WHAT is said. Ross is dope.

tayRavage23

Post by tayRavage23 »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:they nailed Jesus to the cross

my biggest problem with hip hop listeners, yall hear what you want to hear. nobody listens to shit they got preconceived notions about with an open mind.

it's not about ignorant rap or backpack rap, it's about bammas personal preferences and being afraid to step out of their comfort zone.

Seduce

Post by Seduce »

Ross is dope, lay off of him.

Calling him "untalented" is a disgusting misunderstanding. The guy is VERY talented.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

That BMF track and MC Hammer is making the streets go crazy. I mean they played it at nearly every venue on the beach this weekend. From the bay all the way to the south. :lol: Check out Styles P and Hammer's Twitter:

ayentee

Post by ayentee »

the first half of this album sounds like a fucked up carousel ride
lyricist/beat-maker/gamer/hermit