The 2010 Fantasy Football Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

wheels

Post by wheels »

I don't like Indy or NO receivers. They spread the ball around too much and I always seem to put them in on the wrong week.

Bob Meachem was a solid 40 yd 1 td guy for 5 of the last 6 games in 2009, but I'm not sure he can maintain that kind of production.

It's a big if, but lots of people are hyped on Devin Aromashadu. Hester sucks, Knox is a one trick pony, and if Cutler can get his shit together it might be a good late pick in deep leagues. Probably not though.

Santana Moss has a QB now.

Edit: reading back, I didn't mean to muck this thread up I just figured it was relevant. I'll put up my draft order in a bit so you fools can make fun of it

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

i'll be sending out league invites next week, so if you havent got anything from me its because i havent sent anybody anything
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

GLUS

Post by GLUS »

ill say this here since im only in a keeper league with you guys and i already have him...

ray rice is my #1 back this year... .5 ppr leagues(the right way to play) and up.

no wayyyyyyy willis has 12 touchdowns this year... passing game is going to be better, 70ish receptions ect. ect...if i get the one or two spot in my other drafts im not going to draft him...ill take adp or cjohnson, but i will be trading a 2 for 2 with either one of those for rice pre season.

wheels

Post by wheels »

I think I still prefer ADP over Rice, even though I think the Boldin experiment will be a bust and they'll be running quite a bit. CJ is going to see greatly diminished numbers, but he's always a home run threat.

It's a weird year for running backs.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Who else is concerned by Harvin and Rice's preseason issues?

Do you trust Steve Smith's broken arm?

Can I ignore quarterbacks until the third round and not lose my season on draft day?

Is anyone buying the CJ hype?

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Nobody wants to give up any secrets because we're in the same leagues. :gyeah:

My only advice is that you should draft Ben Tate.

Serious question, though. Has anyone been involved in even one mock draft that wasn't littered with faggots? I'm talking four or five per draft. Shit is disheartening. Can't wait until school starts so that I can do mock drafts with grown folks.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

wheels

Post by wheels »

I guess I forget about that.

I drafted a team I really liked today, but I think it was due in part to people signing up then going autopick or just not paying attention. It took forever though.

But generally they're full of faggots.

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

ESPN Fantasy Football Draft Special is on tonight at 7pm

Dwight Strawberry

You Heard Me, the football edition

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Matthew Berry
ESPN.com

I didn't get it.

Many years ago, my good friend Andy Wichern and I were sitting in a sold-out Las Vegas showroom. We were watching the late Danny Gans, the then-reigning Las Vegas Entertainer of the Year, doing another impression. Everyone, and I mean everyone, was howling with laughter.

Except us.

We just stared at each other, blankly. People are knee-slapping, spilling drinks all over themselves, literally falling onto the ground holding their sides -- what the kids call "rotflmao" -- and Andy and I are looking confused at each other. "It's them, right? It's not us. It's them."

Not to write ill of the deceased because the man was, by all accounts, a wonderful family man, but I hated every minute of his act. So did Andy. We were the only two.

But why hate it? I mean, it wasn't funny, but so what? Lots of stuff isn't funny. But there were three things I truly hated about it.

The late Danny Gans was as successful as you could be in comedy without actually being funny.
First, it wasn't funny in a painful way. He was an impressionist and this was a typical joke: "Any Garth Brooks fans here?" (Applause and yells.) "Yeah, Garth Brooks is one of the biggest stars in the world. I mean, he is one of the [mimes being fat] biggest stars in the world." (Starts singing in a Garth Brooks voice to the tune of "Friends in Low Places") "I've got fat in all the wrong places."

And people are howling at this. Actual convulsions. That was the second thing that drove me nuts. How much everyone loved this safe, middle-of-the-road, fairly obvious humor.

Look, I'm all for family entertainment. The current Mrs. Roto has a 5-year-old and I'm much more aware these days of what is and is not appropriate, and of the things we can all enjoy together. So I get it.

This wasn't family entertainment -- it was safe entertainment, and that's an important distinction. Any of the "Toy Story" films are family entertainment, but they aren't safe.

But the biggest thing that drove me nuts -- I mean, absolutely bat-guano crazy -- was that he would start every impression like this: "Hey everybody, it's me, Cliff Clavin. You know, I'm just a mailman hanging out at this bar in Boston. Yeah, did you know ג€¦" and then he'd launch into some lame Clavin-type fact.

Wait, what?!? Seriously. What?!??

Why are you introducing an impression? The point of an impression is that you recognize the voice and mannerisms of a famous person. If it's a good impression, you don't need to say who it is. We know who it is; that's the joke. I'm getting all fired up just thinking about it again. Someone bring me a brick and the number of a good lawyer.

It was safe, it was wimpy, it showed a complete lack of confidence in both his own ability to accurately do the impression and his audience to get it.

It's everything I hate about show business, and I'm in the minority. Because they lapped it up. Laughter and applause out the wazoo. In fact, there was additional laughter and applause outside, waiting to get into the wazoo. That's how beloved he was.

I respond to strong personalities. It's why I'm a huge Howard Stern fan. Love the music of Eminem. Think Tucker Max's writing is hilarious. The only thing I watch religiously besides sports is "The Daily Show." And over the course of my career, I have tried to emulate those I admire in my own way.

I want to be bold, outspoken, brutally honest. I don't always accomplish it. Partially because some of what I want to write or say isn't appropriate for ESPN audiences, at least in the mind of the people whose job it is to determine such things. And partially because that's not my job; Most of the time, my job requires me to do reasoned analysis of player's performance in order to come up with safe predictions, by which I mean that they have a relatively high probability of actually happening.

This is not one of those times.

This is my shoot-from-the-hip column, my chance to show some fantasy cajones, to step up to the plate swinging for the fences, to be the anti-Gans.

This is my bold predictions piece. These are things that are not reasonable to expect. There is some reasoned thought behind them, but frankly, not a lot. If there were a lot of factual basis and probability behind them, of course, they wouldn't be bold.

As I wrote in this year's baseball version of "You Heard Me," this is me, out on a limb, alone on an island, holding tight to my ill-fated belief that this is the year Felix Jones finally stays healthy and breaks out. These are gut calls wrapped in faith and hope, sprinkled with statistical backing and baked in the Oven of Dreams, right next to my TMR-gets-more-hair apple tart.

For the new kids in school, the idea of this column is that you and I had a conversation like this:

TMR: I say Jacoby Jones finishes the year as a top-30 fantasy wide receiver.
You: What?!?
TMR: You heard me!

Jacoby Jones is currently going 54th among wide receivers in ESPN standard leagues, but he scored six times last year and, just like I wrote in this year's "100 Facts" column, he averaged 16.2 yards per catch (more than teammate Andre Johnson). So yeah, I want to break me off a piece of some Jacoby Jones.

If I said "Jamaal Charles will be more valuable than LaDainian Tomlinson" at the beginning of last season, you'd have laughed me out of the room. Which I guess would still make me funnier than Danny Gans.
Here's my suggestion on how to get use out of this column, other than printing it out and using it to make yourself feel better about your own crappy predictions at the end of the season: Understand that just because something is unlikely to happen doesn't mean it can't. It was unlikely that Jamaal Charles would rush for almost 1,000 yards in the final eight games of 2009. The unlikely part wasn't the skills -- I and many others had been yelling at Kansas City to free Jamaal and kick Larry Johnson to the curb -- but rather that Charles would get 161 rushing attempts and be the focal point of an offense that had spent a lot to acquire Matt Cassel in the offseason. So I'm looking for things that are considered unlikely to happen but still could.

The point is not so much to nail impossible predictions but rather to illuminate some players I have strong feelings about, one way or the other. For example, last year in this column I predicted a strong year for Ryan Grant, saying he would go for better than 1,500 total yards and 10 touchdowns. Technically, I was wrong. Grant did have 11 touchdowns but finished with 1,450 total yards, falling 50 yards short.

But considering his average draft position last year was in the mid 30s and he finished tied for seventh among fantasy running backs, that's pretty good value. If you drafted him based on this article last year, I doubt you are upset that I overestimated by 50 yards.

Of course, I also predicted that Willie Parker, Mewelde Moore and Heath Miller would all have more fantasy points than Rashard Mendenhall. Yeesh.

They're not all winners, kids. This is high-risk, high-reward territory we're about to enter. I've done a bold statement for every team in the NFL with a quick line of reasoning and I've thrown in some random ones for fun. Every one of these things I'm about to list is unlikely to happen, but certainly could.

Is that enough posterior-covering caveats yet? Doesn't matter. I'm going for it. If I've said it once, I've said it a million times. Go big or go home. No guts, no glory. No clich

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

some of you draft tonight

a few cancelled at the last minute but no phila members.

16 teams, full roster size...get the weed and beer near by and bump that packer colt game

bishop headley

Post by bishop headley »

Javid Best RB - Detroit will be the best deal in most drafts....he'll get a full workload and the only thing stopping him is if he gets hurt

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Matthew Berry is a fat face fucking faggot who is rarely right. He shouldn't even be working at ESPN. Kel should take his job because he is currently unemployed and knows more about football than that hack.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

:sluggo:

i actually make more selling meth and saving money on dry cleaning

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

HELP ME TRADE CHRIS JOHNSON

Had the first pick in a 12 team, and with 22 picks between my picks had to go with value. Draft didnג€™t fall well for receivers, but I feel great at RB. Iג€™m not that high on Johnson anyway, but heג€™s the best trade bait in the league. Want to upgrade WRs primarily, maybe QB, maybe get a RB back but not essential.

Mike Wallace (TB) and Arian Foster (Hou) are my only untouchables (just b/c I donג€™t think I can get back what I value them at). Everyone else is fair bait.

Scoring: QB: TD = 4 pts, 50 yards passing = 1 pt. Rush/Receive TD= 6 pts, 10 yards rush receive = 1pt.

Start: 1 qb, 2 rbs, 2 wrs, 1 te, 1 wr/rb/te

MY TEAM:
QB: Alex Smith (first four games), Ben Roethlisberger (rest of the season)
RB: Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles, Jahvid Best, Arian Foster, LaDainian Tomlinson, Larry Johnson
WR: Mike Wallace, Johnny Knox, Mike Williams (TB), Nate Washington
TE: Dallas Clark

POTENTIAL TRADE PARTNERS (one or two WRs I like on each, with less than exciting starting RBs)

Team 1:
QB: Favre
RB: Jonathan Stewart, Knowshon Moreno, Jerome Harrison, Fred Jackson, W. McGahee
WR: Andre Johnson, Roddy White, Malcolm Floyd, Devin Aromasodu, Moahamed Massaquoi
TE: Vernon Davis

Team 2:
QB: Tony Romo, Jay Cutler
RB: LeSean McCoy, Laurence Maroney, Steve Slation, Darren McFadden
WR: Randy Moss, Miles Austin, Santana Moss, Chris Chambers
TE: Tony Gonzales, Kellen Winslow

Team 3:
QB: Joe Flacco (took in the 4th lol, wonג€™t part with him)
RB: Ryan Mathews, Ahmad Bradshaw, Clinton Portis, Donald Brown
WR: Calvin Johnson, Marques Colston, Pierre Garcon, Anthony Gonzales, Jabar Gaffney, Nate Burleson
TE: Zach Miller

Team 4:
QB: Philip Rivers, Eli Manning
WR: Larry Fitzgerald, DeSean Jackson, Jacoby Jones, Austin Collie
RB: Adrian Peterson, C.J. Spiller, Marion Barber, Tashard Choice
TE: Brent Celek, Greg Olsen

Any help appreciated. Not looking for "you idiot, don't trade Chris Johnson!"

uh zip zoom

Post by uh zip zoom »

had my first draft this afternoon, here's the team:

starters:
QB K Kolb
WR R White
WR L Fitzgerald
WR B Berrian
RB R Rice
RB R Brown
TE J Witten
Flex M Forte
K M Prater
D Eagles

key reserves:
RB C Williams
QB V Young
WR D Henderson
WR S Breaston
WR M Massaquoi

ric

Post by ric »

my roster
QB Carson Palmer
QB Matt Ryan
RB Jones Drew
RB Pierre Thomas
RB Ricky Williams
WR Fitz
WR Desean
WR Berrian
WR Mike Williams
TE Gates
D Steel Curtain
K Gostkowski

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

need number of teams, roster positions, H2H roto

cmon guys..tighten it up..season starts soon
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

12 team H2H

Starting pos: Qb, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR/RB, TE, K, D

Scoring:

Passing
25yds-1pt
Td-4pts
Int- -2
2pt conversion-2pts
Bonus-50yd Passing Td-1pt

Rushing
10yds-1pt
Td-6pts
2 Pt conversion-2pts
Bonus 50yd rushing Td-1pt

Receiving
10yds-1pt
Rec Td-6pts
2pt conv-2pts
Bonus 50yd TD rec-1pt

Fumbles
Lost- -2

Basic defense and kicking Scoring

QB
Kolb
Rapeface

RB
Ray Rice
Matt Forte
Clinton Portis
Cadillac Williams
LDT
Kareem Huggins

WR
Marques Colston
Brandon Marshall
T.O.
Robert Meachem

Dexter McCluster Eligible at RB and WR

TE
Jermaine Gresham

K
Garrett Hartley

D
Steelers
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Prophecy wrote:12 team H2H

Starting pos: Qb, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR/RB, TE, K, D

Scoring:

Passing
25yds-1pt
Td-4pts
Int- -2
2pt conversion-2pts
Bonus-50yd Passing Td-1pt

Rushing
10yds-1pt
Td-6pts
2 Pt conversion-2pts
Bonus 50yd rushing Td-1pt

Receiving
10yds-1pt
Rec Td-6pts
2pt conv-2pts
Bonus 50yd TD rec-1pt

Fumbles
Lost- -2

Basic defense and kicking Scoring

QB
Kolb
Rapeface

RB
Ray Rice
Matt Forte
Clinton Portis
Cadillac Williams
LDT
Kareem Huggins

WR
Marques Colston
Brandon Marshall
T.O.
Robert Meachem

Dexter McCluster Eligible at RB and WR

TE
Jermaine Gresham

K
Garrett Hartley

D
Steelers
pretty savvy draft night for you, i like what you did in grabbing rice early then padded yourself with kolb and forte who could be in for big years

rapeface again will be a late round guy who will produce big numbers, so your set at RB & QB

WR is the weakness, i am not a big fan of the saints WR because you never know if meacham will get 3 grabs for 120 and a score, but colston is a clear cut # 1 guy with big old stain on the face brees feeding him all year.

i am expecting TO to have a nice year, 800-1100 yards 6-8 scores

excited to see if brandon marshall will be the same guy, i am looking for him to regress slightly

not really pumped about your TE choice, but you mcan mend that on the fly

lookin like a playoff squad champ

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

H2H format

Starters: QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE D K
Tony Romo
DeAngelo Williams
Brandon Jacobs
Randy Moss
Steve Smith (NY)
Santana Moss
Vernon Davis
Steelers
Jay Feely

Bench:
Vincent Jackson
Correll Buckhalter
Jerricho Cotchery
Early Doucet
Willis McGahee
Austin Collie
Matt Ryan

Trying to trade Ryan/Jacobs for a RB

Dwight Strawberry

12 teams

PPR

H2H

6pt QB TD's

QB- Cutler
RB- Grant
RB- Charles
WR- Calvin
WR- Roddy
TE- Vernon
RB/WR- Felix
DEF- NYG
K- Akers

BN- Knox
BN- M. Bush
BN- :rofl:
BN- Braylon
BN- Chester
BN- K. Walter
BN- Leon Wash

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

8-team, non-PPR, H2H
QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, W/R Flex, TE, K, D/ST

[Worth mentioning I drafted first, which looked shady in a league I'm commish of...]

QB - Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer
RB - Chris Johnson, Pierre Thomas, Ronnie Brown, Jerome Harrison
WR - Calvin Johnson, Mike Sims-Walker, Steve Smith, Mike Wallace
TE - Vernon Davis, Zach Miller
K - Mason Crosby
D/ST - Green Bay, Indianapolis

Not sure what I'm doing at the flex in week 1, but I'm fairly confident in my team.

Dwight Strawberry

12 team

PPR

QB TD worth 6

QB - Favre
RB- Shonn Green
RB - Jerome Harrison
WR - AJ
WR - CJ
WR - Roddy
TE- Jerrrrr Mike
DEF - Cinn
LB - Willis
DL - Tuck
DB - Pollard

BN - Matt Ryan
BN - Mohammad Massaqui
BN - Forrsett
BN - Felix J
BN - D Brown
BN - Cribbs
BN - James Jones

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

12 team H2H (Phila League)
10th pick

QB - Peynton Manning
RB - Ryan Mathews
RB - Matt Forte
WR - Greg Jennings
WR - Pierre Garcon
WR - Jabar Gaffney
TE - Visanthe Shiancoe
K - Nate Kaeding
DEF - Minnesota
DL - London Fletcher
DB - Darrelle Revis
D - Ray Lewis

BN - Joe Flacco
BN - LeSsean McCoy
BN - Clinton Portis
BN - Kenny Britt
BN - Leon Washington
BN - Ray Edwards
Last edited by Philaflava on Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Philaflava wrote:12 team H2H (Phila League)
10th pick

QB - Peynton Manning
RB - Ryan Mathews
RB - Matt Forte
WR - Greg Jennings
WR - Pierre Garcon
WR - Jabar Gaffney
TE - Visanthe Shiancoe
K - Nate Kaeding
DEF - Minnesota
DL - London Fletcher
DB - Darrelle Revis
D - Ray Lewis

BN - Joe Flacco
BN - LeSsean McCoy
BN - Clinton Portis
BN - Kenny Britt
BN - Leon Washington
Not a bad team at all although you've got issues at WR. You've got a couple questions at RB too, but I think Mathews will be fine and Forte bounces back. Super deep at QB which is great for this league.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

My team (same league as Gloss)

QB: Brees
WR: Colston
WR: Driver
WR: Dez Bryant
RB: Ryan Grant
RB: Addai
TE: Vernon Davis
K: Feely
D: Cincinnati
D: Willis
DB: Bernard Pollard
DL: Will Smith

BN: Ahmad Bradshaw
BN: Ricky Williams
BN: Ben :rofl:
BN: Mossaquoi
BN: Hightower
BN: Anthony Gonzalez

I had the third overall pick and took Brees because qbs get 6 points per touchdown. Was able to pick up Colston for the double points. Very pleased to get Ricky Williams (10th round!) and Hightower (15th round) way late. Feel really good about my team, but WR might be an issue if Bryant doesn't put up the numbers. I've also got a shitload of guys with a week 10 buy, but such is life. At least I'll only have to really struggle for one week. I'd be very surprised if I didn't make the playoffs.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

All your late round picks were fucking steals if you ask me. Bradshaw, Williams, Gonzalez and Hightower. I have no idea why people are completely forgetting about him just cuz of Wells.

wheels

Post by wheels »

They're going to split carries too much for me to go with Beanie early. He hurt himself last night too, never bodes well.

MJD's knee surgery was just a scope thing right? He fell to 6 in one of my leagues, I thought that was absurd.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

i greatly dislike the couch in kc right now for wanting to start jones over charles. hopefully charles outproduces.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Nl5H wrote:i greatly dislike the couch in kc right now for wanting to start jones over charles. hopefully charles outproduces.
Yeah, cause it's not like injuries are gonna happen to Jones, that dude is a machine.