Odd Future Show 10/20

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

Thun wrote:
vinylpops wrote:
Thun wrote:Vinylpops, all kidding aside, and with all do respect, what was a long time just a short time ago is now just a short time. The point of all these developments, or the inevitable result, is the acceleration of culture and a truly flattened playing field.
Hey, you know what, that would be fucking awesome. I have a huge hard on for stuff like this and I love it. If that's the truth, I'm even more pumped up for the future of music (and these kids too).

I'm just kind of like damn-- this is a little too crazy.
no doubt, man. That's why they are called "odd future".
ISWYDT

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

thekeentwo wrote:here is what i think happened

thru the word of mouth, and the first few sites that really posted their shit, people took notice. Wired ran the article.

No music publication wants to be left out of the next big thing. I think it's that simple. this shit ended up in the inboxes (not the "general contact" info on the website addresses) of the people who write for these magazines, from someone they know, who saw this group and felt the need to spread the word- LIKE ALL OF US HAVE BEEN DOING. it just reached some people who are in a position to do things, like put them in rolling stone and thrasher.

its a case of "let's not be late to the party".
yup, pretty much.

plus their stuff is compelling. it doesn't have to be a cynical copycat 'everybody rips off noz' scenario. consider what happened in the og Earl thread - as soon as posters with blogs/magazines heard this shit, they wanted to write about it (alaska, cooleh, etc). is it really that hard to believe that a rolling stone writer who maybe heard about them from a friend or from a blog or something had a similar reaction?
Last edited by drizzle on Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

The Rapping Coffin wrote:
thekeentwo wrote:here is what i think happened

thru the word of mouth, and the first few sites that really posted their shit, people took notice. Wired ran the article.

No music publication wants to be left out of the next big thing. I think it's that simple. this shit ended up in the inboxes (not the "general contact" info on the website addresses) of the people who write for these magazines, from someone they know, who saw this group and felt the need to spread the word- LIKE ALL OF US HAVE BEEN DOING. it just reached some people who are in a position to do things, like put them in rolling stone and thrasher.

its a case of "let's not be late to the party".
i was just going to say.. don't most print media writers read blogs all day long?

This, and every music writer probably follows Noz twitter feed.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

CAN WE GET BACK TO THE SWAG NOW.

some other video poppped up on youtube, one is a shitty cell phone cut and one is a snip of another angle of the video i took.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Yckw3VzWIs?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Yckw3VzWIs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ng1UJIZx7vc?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ng1UJIZx7vc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

I shot tyler the link to the Steady Bloggin' write up on FB.

he replied

"THANK YOU SOOOO FUCKING MUCH. GOT DAMN, YOU SWAGGED IT THE FUCK OUT"

^^^^^^

1) talent
2) humility
3) appreciation
4) rape songs
5) mystique (EARL???)

why ANYONE would question why the music world is jizzing over these guys is beyond me.

can i start saying "swag" or is that too much?

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

http://oddfuture.com/

KEEN SHOUT OUT

WIN
:phila:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

really want a :sluggo: shout out on the next track, if not that at least a keen mention.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

I think Earl is actually a hologram.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

TYLER IS REPPING THE ILLUMINATI, YO

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

Philaflava wrote:really want a :sluggo: shout out on the next track, if not that at least a keen mention.
that would be rad.

i told him on fb that we'll help them out anyway we can. rap <3

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

thekeentwo wrote:
Philaflava wrote:really want a :sluggo: shout out on the next track, if not that at least a keen mention.
that would be rad.

i told him on fb that we'll help them out anyway we can. rap <3
i sent him a few emails too. hopefully he'll recognize the power of the :phila: and show some love instead of hating on 2DB, love PF.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

Very early in I would have sworn on my life that they was a white adult in the shadows. But the more I find out the more I'm convinces that there wasn't. The trend from most magazines has been to go out of their way not to pay attention to the rap publicists are trying to sell them on. I don't think there's a rap publicist in the game with enough stroke to have pulled this off. I really think it was tyler's vision meeting earl's skills meeting the speed of information travel.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

mike eagle wrote:Very early in I would have sworn on my life that they was a white adult in the shadows. But the more I find out the more I'm convinces that there wasn't. The trend from most magazines has been to go out of their way not to pay attention to the rap publicists are trying to sell them on. I don't think there's a rap publicist in the game with enough stroke to have pulled this off. I really think it was tyler's vision meeting earl's skills meeting the speed of information travel.

annnnd the tangent is locked. ^^^ pretty much sums it all up.

im super excited for their shit to hit itunes. guaranteed it will chart, even if just for the first day.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

thekeentwo wrote:
mike eagle wrote:Very early in I would have sworn on my life that they was a white adult in the shadows. But the more I find out the more I'm convinces that there wasn't. The trend from most magazines has been to go out of their way not to pay attention to the rap publicists are trying to sell them on. I don't think there's a rap publicist in the game with enough stroke to have pulled this off. I really think it was tyler's vision meeting earl's skills meeting the speed of information travel.

annnnd the tangent is locked. ^^^ pretty much sums it all up.

im super excited for their shit to hit itunes. guaranteed it will chart, even if just for the first day.
in before tangent lock: tyler on twitter (i guess someone asked him how they did it)

" Make The Instrumental. Rap To It. Then Direct/Edit A Video For It. Then Talk To Someone To Put A Show Together. Repeat."

:ironmike:

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

could someone re-up Tyler's "Bastard"?
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

a lot of the :bacon bra: clothing companies out there on the west coast are all run by skateboarders and/or people involved in that scene, seeing thats where a lot of their revenue comes from.

it's not far off to think a lot of buzz started from these kids being involved in that scene, the network in the streetwear scene is pretty unlimited.

and lastly i voted for earl in the best new rapper tourney so i also take credit.

multsanta

Post by multsanta »

I am certain that Rolling Stone has yet to install the Youtube on their office computers.

multsanta

Post by multsanta »

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

ardamus wrote:could someone re-up Tyler's "Bastard"?
try google (no :smugkid:) buti remember doing that when i needed to send a friend a link, and i found some shit. lemme know if you cant find, i'll send to you.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

when will the EXTREMELY RARE BASED WOLF GANG youtube happen???

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

multsanta wrote:Image
DONT BE POSTIN OLD PICTURES OF ME

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

ackbar wrote:when will the EXTREMELY RARE BASED WOLF GANG youtube happen???
im sure that will happen... but i am thinking these guys really wont work with anyone else until they keep growing their own buzz independent of any major/popular artists on board. fuck it, they don't need them. but since they are a fan it might be an exception.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

ardamus wrote:could someone re-up Tyler's "Bastard"?
you can get all their stuff from the oddfuture tumbler.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

the youtube stats need to update. fuuu them for always freezing shit in the 300's.

and ramen, i think the link for bastard is broken on their site.

Harry Hater

Post by Harry Hater »

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

thekeentwo wrote: Wired ran the article.
Do you mean Wired, or The Wire (the UK mag?)

Noz wrote that The Wire article.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

sleazy_j wrote:
thekeentwo wrote: Wired ran the article.
Do you mean Wired, or The Wire (the UK mag?)

Noz wrote that The Wire article.
hmm not sure now

*see homer thinking in my sig*

CheezPizza

Post by CheezPizza »

Oh yeah. One more thing. Req asked me something or other earlier in this thread. But Req listens to Drake...like...legitimately...so...
Rule number one: Keep your fazers on stun