Official 2011 MLB Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Kid That's Lifeless wrote:Rays draft a project outfielder with a ton of speed that went to the same high school as Rickey Henderson.

:spidey:
Oakland Tech?
Yep.
Alma mater of the great Leon Powe as well.

RS: Vogelstrong is a BEAST. I was at Sunday's game and it was one of the most dominant pitching performances I've ever witnessed live. He's been the Giants most consistent pitcher all year long since he came to the staff.

Also, Freddy Sanchez gets the Giants their 8th walk off win of the year last night. I love it.

PEACE

alpha

Post by alpha »

I 3> Vogelsong

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

The Twins are on pace to win 24 games in June
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

He couldn't do shit when he was in a pirates uniform. I guess he learned how to pitch when he went to Japan.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Random Sample wrote:He couldn't do shit when he was in a pirates uniform.
ryan vogelsong post
Random Sample wrote:He couldn't do shit when he was in a pirates uniform.
jose bautista post

vogelsong is the shit
Nets 2022

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Random Sample wrote:He couldn't do shit when he was in a pirates uniform. I guess he learned how to pitch when he went to Japan.
I'm sure part of it is the Giants staff and coaching. Being a part of the best pitching team in baseball gotta help some. Plus he was highly regarded when the Giants drafted him. The Pirates must have seen some potential because they were willing to trade Jason Schmidt for him. So it's clear he knew how to pitch. Just needed an extra something, that he seems to have found in SF his second time around.

I will say though. He pitches at the most deliberate pace of anyone I've ever seen. He works fucking SLOW. Doesn't even matter though. So long as he keeps this up, he can throw one pitch every half an hour and I wouldn't give a shit, as long as he gets people out.

PEACE

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Kinda funny how the Red Sox hit Yankees, show them up after home runs, dance around on the mound and the Yankees take that shit laying down. 09 was cool and all but maybe you should try beating these faggots in the 1st half once in a while.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

My boy McCutchen coming through with the walk off HR! Buccos are back to .500!

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Prior to today's game, the Giants had 16 home wins, and 8 of those were won in walk off fashion. That's right. Half of the home games home during the last at bad. Today they got it done early. By scoring 2 in the bottom of the 8th on their way to a 3-1 win.

PEACE

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

A's fire Bob Geren; Bob Melvin interim
OAKLAND, Calif. -- The Oakland Athletics fired manager Bob Geren on Thursday in the midst of a nine-game losing streak that has sent them tumbling to the bottom of the AL West standings.

Former Arizona manager Bob Melvin will take over for the rest of the season as interim manager in the first midseason managerial change for the organization in a quarter century.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

peanut butter wrote:Prior to today's game, the Giants had 16 home wins, and 8 of those were won in walk off fashion. That's right. Half of the home games home during the last at bad. Today they got it done early. By scoring 2 in the bottom of the 8th on their way to a 3-1 win.

PEACE
barring injuries, that sf staff looks primed to face that phillies staff again in a probably wildly good playoff series

doc/cliff/cole/roy/kendrick

lincecum/cain/bumgarner (one of the most misleading 2-7 w-l record ever!!!!)/sanchez/vogelsong

that is a set of two really deep and wildly talented staffs. even the bullpens are both good, but the giants' is better
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

this is fucked up

a-rod and jeter have been hit over 40 times combined by red sox pitchers

david ortiz has been hit ZERO TIMES by yankees pitchers (it wasn't torre's policy)

jeter gets hit again tonight by beckett...big surprise

FUCK josh beckett...which is exactly what the grandyman did with his 2 run bomb...FUCK JOSH BECKETT
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

AND NOW HE HITS A-ROD

this motherfucker
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

I LOVE CC SABATHIA

HIT THAT FAGGOT ORTIZ
Nets 2022

alpha

Post by alpha »

Reason wrote:
peanut butter wrote:Prior to today's game, the Giants had 16 home wins, and 8 of those were won in walk off fashion. That's right. Half of the home games home during the last at bad. Today they got it done early. By scoring 2 in the bottom of the 8th on their way to a 3-1 win.

PEACE
barring injuries, that sf staff looks primed to face that phillies staff again in a probably wildly good playoff series

lincecum/cain/bumgarner (one of the most misleading 2-7 w-l record ever!!!!)/sanchez/vogelsong

that is a set of two really deep and wildly talented staffs. even the bullpens are both good, but the giants' is better
i'd say way better 'pen for the G-men. but honestly, I dont know much about the phils pen. I just remember that being a weakness. they have a better 'pen this year?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

alpha wrote:
Reason wrote:

PEACE

i'd say way better 'pen for the G-men. but honestly, I dont know much about the phils pen. I just remember that being a weakness. they have a better 'pen this year?

bastardo is a legit lefty, lidge will be back eventually, madson is serviceable, romero is another lefty with exp, and contreras has been solid as fuck

bunz/phila/others can speak on it more, but seems like an improvement this year
Nets 2022

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

i think the phillies bullpen is fine without lidge. bastardo is dope. mathieson is awesome if they call him up and honestly madson/contreras/stutes seems to be working for us.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

capable_keL wrote:A's fire Bob Geren; Bob Melvin interim
OAKLAND, Calif. -- The Oakland Athletics fired manager Bob Geren on Thursday in the midst of a nine-game losing streak that has sent them tumbling to the bottom of the AL West standings.

Former Arizona manager Bob Melvin will take over for the rest of the season as interim manager in the first midseason managerial change for the organization in a quarter century.
<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K8E_zMLCRNg?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K8E_zMLCRNg?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

PEACE

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

poor Oakland

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Reason wrote:
alpha wrote:
Reason wrote:

PEACE

bastardo is a legit lefty, lidge will be back eventually, madson is serviceable, romero is another lefty with exp, and contreras has been solid as fuck

Atlanta's staff has been outperforming both. There is a chance that all 3 could make the playoffs.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Yankees are 1-8 against Boston. 32-19 against the rest of baseball.

Thank god the Yankees don't see them again for a while because they are clearly the better team at this point in time and have our number much like the first half of 09.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Pesci, just curious but do you know/follow any other teams besides the Yankees? Like do you know who Felix Hernandez is? How about Dee Gordon?

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

:larry:

Sorry I'll try to get more San Diego Padres related posts into my repertoire.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

word popa

venters is amazing

just read a stat of his: batters are 1-40 off him on the 2nd of back-to-back days of pitching by venters. :naswtf: :ohsh:
Nets 2022

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Joe Pesci wrote::larry:

Sorry I'll try to get more San Diego Padres related posts into my repertoire.
its just that you seem to have a conversation with only you with each post about the yankees. i rarely seem you talk about anyone else. i was generally curious.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Yes I'm aware of other teams.

Cleveland and Arizona have been nice surprises although I think neither will hold up. The Mets are a disaster and will continue to be until the Wilpons sell the team. Jose Bautista became Roy Hobbs and has been on beast mode ever since.

I just prefer to talk about the team I care about the most.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

ouch

it's all good pesci, once i became a full time royals fan i got mad ball love

eric hosmer = the next pujols

GLUS

Post by GLUS »

Apr 04 09:07 PM
by: INTERNET 13567421
TNT 2011 MOST REGULAR SEASON HOME RUNS
[52014] CARLOS QUENTIN +10000
10/1000

lets go c quentin

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Another motherfucking walkoff last night. That's 9.

PEACE

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Reason wrote:
alpha wrote:
Reason wrote:

PEACE

Atlanta's staff has been outperforming both. There is a chance that all 3 could make the playoffs.
Phillies pen is awesome this year, definitely a strength. We are so much better without lidge, I hope he never comes back. Madson is what...14-14 in save chances this year? Bastardo is a legitimate lefthanded weapon. Contreras is solid and I really really like Stutes....should be a dope setup guy for years to come. Phils pen is also the freshest in baseball since our starters always go so deep, fewest innings pitched out of any team i believe. Nothing like last year's pen.

Was at the game last night. Good times.