2011 NFL Draft/Offseason Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Is Kevin Smith not on the Lions anymore?

an-also

Post by an-also »

i think they released him.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

touchdown tommy vardell can fill the void
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Niners get Goldson back for another year.....WTF?

PEACE

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

binary wrote:Mays is butt-butter. He was purely a Singletard pick.

:thebest:

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

an-also wrote:Javed Best wont make it through the year as the featured back. Who's their other back? Morris?
Sucks that LeShoure (spell?) is injured, as Best was a great candidate two buy low and sell high in week two or so. If he can still be had in the 5th or 6th I'd say he's perfect to still do this with (I nabbed Roddy White in Week 2 for him last season). He is explosive as fuck, like Jamaal Charles explosive, but the chances of him making it through the season are slim.

I will say this though, he's a much better inside runner than he is given credit for. If he can stay healthy LeShoure (spell?) is huge for him.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

peanut butter wrote:Niners get Goldson back for another year.....WTF?

PEACE
Totally overplayed his hand. Teams that came out guns blazing at the start of free agency (save for maybe the iggles) have to be feeling a little stupid right now.

As for Goldson, if Smith out for an extended period of time I think our two best safeties (Goldson and Whitner) could actually be a problem. They're both good in run support and weak in coverage. Our corners are mediocre. After letting Manny go we won't have good TE coverage either. Goldson OR Whitner makes sense, but both of them, I just don't know. They're a little redundant.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

capable_keL wrote:
binary wrote:Mays is butt-butter. He was purely a Singletard pick.
HGH is a hell of a drug.

Look at Vick's non-throwing arm, from the front page of ESPN NFL today.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

i am getting into HGH as it's the lone drug I have yet to abuse

pics will posted in 30/90/120 day intervals

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

can the CFL/ :ohcanada: heads give me a scouting report on emmanuel arceneaux??

an-also

Post by an-also »

capable_keL wrote:can the CFL/ :ohcanada: heads give me a scouting report on emmanuel arceneaux??
I don't know a single person who watches cfl. Most of the cfl fans in Toronto are usually in the 40 and up age range.

BRAZ

Post by BRAZ »

an-also wrote:
capable_keL wrote:can the CFL/ :ohcanada: heads give me a scouting report on emmanuel arceneaux??
I don't know a single person who watches cfl. Most of the cfl fans in Toronto are usually in the 40 and up age range.

ya like he said no one under 40 watches it but i do remember arceneaux being a beast......but thats being a beast in the CFL so who knows.

and it looks like mays suffers from the same condition as cushin. I hope they're both okay.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

The only CFL Player I know is Pinball Clemons. He still plays right?

BRAZ

Post by BRAZ »

GIZMO! Cam Wake killed it last year

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

so the eagles put enough leverage into desean that he decided to report at the last minute... does that mean that he is a lock to leave the team next year? they should have paid him. it's fucked to consider jackson will make 500,000 this year while bernard berrian will make 6 million/ vince young is making 5 mill

desean is one hit away from being crab meat

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

^^^ 100% agreed.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

capable_keL wrote:so the eagles put enough leverage into desean that he decided to report at the last minute... does that mean that he is a lock to leave the team next year? they should have paid him. it's fucked to consider jackson will make 500,000 this year while bernard berrian will make 6 million/ vince young is making 5 mill

desean is one hit away from being crab meat
They definitely should have paid him, but I don't think they want to pay him what he wants long term. As great as he is, he hasn't been a 90 catch receiver and I get the feeling the Eagles don't think he's worth 9-10 million per. Plus it allowed them to rape the free agent market with money that should have gone to Desean.

The way I hear it though, it makes no sense for anyone to ever holdout in this new CBA. You get fined 30 grand a day and then you have to wait an additional year to become a free agent if you do hold out the whole year. The league has pretty much taken any leverage away from the players.

Kid That's Lifeless

Santonio Holmes just got $24 million guaranteed.
Brandon Marshall got the same before last year.

Desean wants that kind of money. I don't blame him. I'd take him over both.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I probably would too, how much are those guys making per year? I can't imagine Desean wants more than 10 per, but just as an outside observer, I'd be surprised if the Eagles pay him that much. There's not really a player with a comparable skill set/stat line though, tough to pin down his value, especially when you throw in punt returns.

Kid That's Lifeless

Marshall 4/47.5
Holmes 5/50

an-also

Post by an-also »

Anyone is the Boston area looking for a roommate?
Ever wanted to be roommates with Chad Ochocinco? If you live in the Boston area, you have a chance.

That's because the newly acquired New England Patriots receiver is still looking for a place to live and announced Tuesday his unusual plan to settle in.

"I'm going to do something different -- I'm actually going to stay with a fan, probably the first two or three weeks of the season," Ochocinco said, according to quotes distributed by the team. "So that should be fun until I get myself acclimated, I learn my way around and actually just find a place."

Ochocinco hasn't picked the fan yet, but he laid out a simple set of requirements.

"They have to have Internet, and they have to have Xbox, and that's about it," Ochocinco said.

Ochocinco was asked if he was serious about living with a fan -- and he delivered a simple response.

"Have I ever lied to you before?" he asked.

elohim

Post by elohim »

I totally understand the Iggles line of thinking, just like the Titans with CJ.. Honestly, these are players that won't hold up physically long-term (i.e. a 5 year deal), it's like KeL-ly KeL said..
capable_keL wrote:desean is one hit away from being crab meat
It feels like he's one good lick from career ending injury and Johnson really only has so much legs left after how many carries he has to shoulder every damn year. Fucked up, but that's the bizness

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Eagles signed Steve Smith B to a one year deal. Damn bros.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

blastmaster wrote:Eagles signed Steve Smith B to a one year deal. Damn bros.
Sweet low risk/high reward deal.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

the road to the super bowl goes thru philly

Kid That's Lifeless

Smith's still injured, right? I like the move for Eagles either way, just wondering.

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

Maclin has hiv

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:Smith's still injured, right? I like the move for Eagles either way, just wondering.
Reports say Smith could return to action by mid-season. Avant is our slot guy. Smith is a gamble and a back-up plan. Maclin despite having AIDS will be ready by week 1.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

maybe todd pinkston or hank basket will be brought in

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

capable_keL wrote:maybe todd pinkston or hank basket will be brought in
BRING BACK FREDEX!!!!!
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.