Official European Football 2011/2012 Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

wow

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Incredible. What an end to the season. Just amazing.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Req

Post by Req »

sickening, absolutely sickening
F.U. MOOLAH

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Amazing. Just brilliant.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

I cant comprehend what went on today. Every levl of this was amazing.

Sunderland fans doing the back in front shit was hilarious. What a day.

Markshot
O.G. Borky Johnson

Post by Markshot »

what a sick ending of the season.

The Doomsday Device

Post by The Doomsday Device »

Just crazy. Glad I didn't turn off the City game.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Thumbs up:
Sergio Aguero
Dijbril Cisse
QPR defense
Graham Dorrans
Stoke

Thumbs down:
Joey fucking Barton
United
WBA goalie
Carl Jenkinson
Newcastle
Linesman at WBA vs. Arsenal
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Norbert Cleaverhook

Post by Norbert Cleaverhook »

joey barton...what a fuckin rat, should be banned for life

The Doomsday Device

Post by The Doomsday Device »

Joey Barton gets sent off for doing something ridiculous. And it helps City win the title. What City supporter would have imagined that five years ago. Poetic in its own way.

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

LOL I fucking love Joey Barton. People like him and Balotelli are part of the charm to me. Something in the vein of Artest. Lifetime ban? Get the fuck outta here. I love their bullshit.

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Also, always happy to see Yaya succeed. One of my favorite players. Few people have bossed as many games as he has this year. If United had a player like him they would have likely won the title.

Edit: Love Zabaleta too. For all their big money signings he's likely their most consistent player.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Incredible day, I'm really glad I watched the City game. One of the greatest games I've ever seen in terms of drama. City were the best team this season and deserved the title. Aguero is an incredible player. He could have flopped and perhaps gotten a penalty but played it out and scored.

Is any player more relieved than Lescott? What a horrible goal to give up in that situation.

Also, Tevez punched Barton in the face first, but he was stupid for trying to get back at Tevez. His behavior after the card was indefensible.

Pretty hilarious to see United get tapped on the shoulder while they were celebrating.

Glad QPR stayed up too.

Fuck, WBA you could have made me truly happy today. Fuck it, let's go Bayern!

Today was why the EPL continues to be the greatest league in the world.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

elohim

Post by elohim »

Great to see two legends like Inzaghi and Del Piero score goals in their final games for their respective clubs.

EPL ending was cool, lol at it taking two stoppage time goals against 10 men to beat a minnow tho

Madrid was historically good this year. Malaga is no joke either

:cheers: to Montpellier, what a campaign, really hope they pull it off

So glad Inter is out of the Champions League, hopefully Chelsea will join them after the CL final

Pretty emotional day as a Milan fan. To lose Nesta, Gattuso, Seedorf and Inzaghi (and Zambrotta/van Bommel to a lesser extent) is huge and the end of an era. But Montolivo is on the way and Tevez will surely join him

Y@k Bollocks

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

jamrage wrote:Today was why the EPL continues to be the greatest league in the world.
Also, a good argument for having all games as a Saturday 3.00 kick off!

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

elohim wrote:Pretty emotional day as a Milan fan. To lose Nesta, Gattuso, Seedorf and Inzaghi (and Zambrotta/van Bommel to a lesser extent) is huge and the end of an era. But Montolivo is on the way and Tevez will surely join him
Nesta and Seedorf are two of my all time favorites. For a while there it seemed like they might play forever. Nesta's karate tackle on Messi in the Camp Nou this year is still one of the best things I've ever seen.

Seems like a real transition year for Milan. Do you think they'll lose Silva and Pato too? Any other new signings?

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Word on the street is Tottenham have offered 12M (euro's) for Vertonghen, Ajax wants 15M. Not sure where this'll end, but I'm hoping United or Arsenal will join in and a bidding war ensues. Vertonghen visited the Tottenham game sunday. 1 + 1 = ?

Y@k Bollocks

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Stoned Starks wrote:LOL I fucking love Joey Barton. People like him and Balotelli are part of the charm to me. Something in the vein of Artest. Lifetime ban? Get the fuck outta here. I love their bullshit.
I don't agree. Balotelli is harmless and hilarious and a genuinely nice guy, Barton is a mean little cunt. Read up on some of the stuff he's been involved with, and what his brother and cousin did to Anthony Walker. Then he goes on Twitter and tries to reinvent himself. He's a bully and a lowlife IMO.

elohim

Post by elohim »

Stoned Starks wrote:
elohim wrote:Pretty emotional day as a Milan fan. To lose Nesta, Gattuso, Seedorf and Inzaghi (and Zambrotta/van Bommel to a lesser extent) is huge and the end of an era. But Montolivo is on the way and Tevez will surely join him
Nesta and Seedorf are two of my all time favorites. For a while there it seemed like they might play forever. Nesta's karate tackle on Messi in the Camp Nou this year is still one of the best things I've ever seen.

Seems like a real transition year for Milan. Do you think they'll lose Silva and Pato too? Any other new signings?
:cheers: Nesta turned back the years against Barca but clearly the better side wound up winning in the end. I really think they keep Silva and Ibra, not sure about Pato. All seem to love the club (like most that play there), but City or Barca might make an offer that ya can't resist. I never thought Kaka or Sheva would leave Milan fwiw.

As for transfers, I know Acerbi or Ogbonna will come as Nesta's replacement, neither are ready to step into the 11; but they still have folk like Mexes, Bonera and Yepes. They signed Bakaye Traore from Nancy, but I think he's more a Flamini replacement. Hope they make a move for Ganso, but i doubt it. They have to decide if they wanna keep Maxi Lopez, Aquilani, Paloschi and others as well

Also Stephan El Shaarawy is the shit and will be leading Italy in 2016/2020, dude is beyond a wonderkid now:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xcs4p7w6Xo4?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xcs4p7w6Xo4?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Damn Egyptian/Italians :lol:

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

I'd respect him a lot more of he didn't have that flaming haircut.

elohim

Post by elohim »

stupidregister wrote:I'd respect him a lot more of he didn't have that flaming haircut.
Cosigned, dude looks like a fag ala Neymar, but he's ridiculously talented.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Yeesss.....peace the fuck out Kenny. Can we get a real manager now???? thx.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Netherlands win the European Under 17 Cup. But damn, we played extremely poor.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Yeah, came in here to say dalglish got fired. Also, what the fuck do I do with myself now that there's no more football for a few months? I feel truly lost... I used to go to work, come home, sleep and then wake up and watch all the football i'd dvr'd and then repeat the cycle. Now there's a good chunk of my day ruined. This is sad. If anyone says watch MLS I will kick them in the balls.

Req

Post by Req »

odium-LSC wrote:Yeah, came in here to say dalglish got fired. Also, what the fuck do I do with myself now that there's no more football for a few months? I feel truly lost... I used to go to work, come home, sleep and then wake up and watch all the football i'd dvr'd and then repeat the cycle. Now there's a good chunk of my day ruined. This is sad. If anyone says watch MLS I will kick them in the balls.
Euro 2012 starts June 8th

Then 3 weeks after that ends, you'll have the Olympics which will have football at it.

Then when that's done, the new season will have started!

:cheers:

btw, try and grab some Brazillian or Argentinean football if you can, their league plays over the summer.
F.U. MOOLAH

Req

Post by Req »

anyone else secretly egging for West Ham to lose the playoff final if only for the fiery West Ham v Blackburn matches next year?
F.U. MOOLAH

Y@k Bollocks

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

They won't keep Kean will they? Anyway, Sam would tear him a new one I reckon.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Great final day tomorrow.

Blackpool vs. West Ham in the morning (Fox Soccer) then Bayern vs. Chelsea in the afternoon (FOX).

LET'S GO BAYERN!
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Req

Post by Req »

Y@k Bollocks wrote:They won't keep Kean will they? Anyway, Sam would tear him a new one I reckon.
can't imagine the line to replace him would be full of managers much better, nor would they be so docile and shielding.
F.U. MOOLAH

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Anyone want to do a Fantasy Euro league or just a bracket or something?