Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

oh no you didn't

Vol 2 is uneven but are you forgetting

Hard Knock Life
Nigga What, Nigga Who
Money Cash Hoes
A Week Ago (which is Jigga's best pre-Blueprint era song)
Can I Get A...
Money Ain't A Thing

Vol 3 also had joints and it plays more like a real album from start to finish than Vol 2 which is practically just a collection of singles.

and fack off Blueprint 3 is good too. It's better than Nastradamus (which is also generally undervalued. Nas wackest album easily is Streets Disciple btw). And it shits in every aspect on Kingdom Come and American Gangster and has more focused, wittier Jay-z rapping than Watch The Throne, if not better beats. "Already Home" + "Real As It Gets" + "On To The Next" >>>

Gyangsta 4 Life

BP3 is Jigga's most consistent album since he stopped being a consistently good rapper.

He was lost on Kingdom Come. That's why he followed up with that horrendous 'concept' album; He still didn't know what to rap about at that point. There's a noticeable lack of conviction (and bass) in his voice during that time period.

And Kanye did all the heavy lifting and rapped circles around Jay on Watch The Throne.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:BP3 is Jigga's most consistent album since he stopped being a consistently good rapper.

He was lost on Kingdom Come. That's why he followed up with that horrendous 'concept' album; He still didn't know what to rap about at that point. There's a noticeable lack of conviction (and bass) in his voice during that time period.

And Kanye did all the heavy lifting and rapped circles around Jay on Watch The Throne.
thats what I'm saying though sure nas has made some horrific decisions production wise and song concept wise, but as far as straight up rapping goes, you could never say he fell off...you cannot say the same for jay

Thun

Post by Thun »

"Takeover" is a super faggotty song.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:BP3 is Jigga's most consistent album since he stopped being a consistently good rapper.

thats what I'm saying though sure nas has made some horrific decisions production wise and song concept wise, but as far as straight up rapping goes, you could never say he fell off...you cannot say the same for jay
yeah... even at Nas's worst rapping of his career, he was generally above everyone else out. It's harder to make that same argument for Jay-Z.

but beats and flows? Jay was much more constantly on the cutting edge. Nas's beats and flows never really were things that changed the game. His ideas were.

and was Jay dissing DMX in the last verse of Takeover? did anyone get to the bottom of who Hova was goin at? I gave "to all you other cats taking shots at Jigga/ you only get half a bar/ fuck y'all n!ggas" to Jayo Felony, LOL. But the beginning of the verse was aimed at :naswtf: :killacam:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

MC Homeless wrote:Interested development, Sean. Where did you first put that together?
in my den.

tell them: bitch, i have a den.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

4 page banger. nas vs. jay-z threads never get old.

The Frankest

Post by The Frankest »

admiral wrote:Ecko vs Triple 5 Soul

Who you got?
admiral I think you're acting a little dopey in this discussion, you need to calm down.

And some of y'all are exposing yourselves to not have a clue what Jay-Z is doing right now... Dude's onto something ELSE in the past years... I'll fall back until anyone bites though...

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

agree with all this... and it doesn't even discredit my theory that BP3 is a subpar album. It IS consistent, though. Best songs are 'Empire State of Mind', 'Already Home' and 'DOA'. The rest of it was solid mediocrity, and Jay just doing things he did before, like 'Off That' and 'Venus vs. Mars'. Sub-par versions of ideas he's done previously. I can't even believe how J. Cole almost murders Jay on his own shit, too. But Blueprint 3 was more consistent than Blueprint 2, for what little THAT'S worth, LOL.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

I'm with the Nas folks here.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Philaflava wrote:4 page banger. nas vs. jay-z threads never get old.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Lil' Phat just died, yo, and all you people can do is compare Jay-Z and Nas albums for the trillioneth fucking time, and give fanboy faggots like Mindbender a platform to prattle on about how Hip Hop Is Dead and Untitled were important artistic statements from the G.O.A.T and not poorly-conceived gimmicks from a tinpot-eared pothead idiot who ran out of ideas 6 years ago.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:oh no you didn't
:arrow:

I know this nigga didn't just literally type this out. What are you a 20 year old black girl from 95'? Quit the faggot talk son.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

The Frankest wrote:
admiral wrote:Ecko vs Triple 5 Soul

Who you got?
admiral I think you're acting a little dopey in this discussion, you need to calm down.

And some of y'all are exposing yourselves to not have a clue what Jay-Z is doing right now... Dude's onto something ELSE in the past years... I'll fall back until anyone bites though...
doing something else = backstabbing the people he came up with, making shitty music, and softening his image so entertainment tonight will report on his baby with beyonce?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:

agree with all this... and it doesn't even discredit my theory that BP3 is a subpar album. It IS consistent, though. Best songs are 'Empire State of Mind', 'Already Home' and 'DOA'. The rest of it was solid mediocrity, and Jay just doing things he did before, like 'Off That' and 'Venus vs. Mars'. Sub-par versions of ideas he's done previously. I can't even believe how J. Cole almost murders Jay on his own shit, too. But Blueprint 3 was more consistent than Blueprint 2, for what little THAT'S worth, LOL.
no way is BP3 better than BP2

Gyangsta 4 Life

Tired & Broke wrote:

I know this nigga didn't just literally type this out. What are you a 20 year old black girl from 95'? Quit the faggot talk son.
Did this nigga just call me...... black ? wtf.

it was a nas reference. i sort of misquoted the line but your mummy is still a whore.

never have the audacity to address me again btw.

Req

Post by Req »

you made it a hot post, I made it a hot thread.
F.U. MOOLAH

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

and somewhere in an alternate universe Jay Seagraves is starting EL-P vs sole 4 page banger threads

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:
Tired & Broke wrote:

Did this nigga just call me...... black ? wtf.

it was a nas reference. i sort of misquoted the line but your mummy is still a whore.

never have the audacity to address me again btw.
Get over yourself son, just called it like I seen it. This is done.

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

Balkongen Loungin' wrote:Lil' Phat just died, yo, and all you people can do is compare Jay-Z and Nas albums for the trillioneth fucking time, and give fanboy faggots like Mindbender a platform to prattle on about how Hip Hop Is Dead and Untitled were important artistic statements from the G.O.A.T and not poorly-conceived gimmicks from a tinpot-eared pothead idiot who ran out of ideas 6 years ago.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

3 things.

1. The beat for ETHER was horrendous, I can't deny that.

2. If you were in the streets of NYC that week when ETHER dropped, then there is no disputing who won this battle.

3. This is the boxing analogy to use. Nas as Corrales, Jay as Castillo.

Word.

RIP Diego..

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/imZaiGJgbsw?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/imZaiGJgbsw?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

pradadon, it makes my heart glow that you've kept that sig. thanks.

TECPOP_CASKETDROP

Post by TECPOP_CASKETDROP »

if ether was so wack....why is dec 9th known as ether day?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

TECPOP_CASKETDROP = :lol:

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

It Was Written

Reasonable Doubt
Illmatic
Blueprint
UBM CD COMING SOON

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

And the thread has devolved into senseless arguments of extreme subjectivity and indefensability. Nice work Gloss.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

but we did learn about ether day and that made it all worthwhile
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

TECPOP_CASKETDROP wrote:if ether was so wack....why is dec 9th known as ether day?
I always thought that had more to do with the Battle of Marj Ardabil.

That, or Felicity Huffman's birthday.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

thatkidnero

Post by thatkidnero »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote: And the people that think Eminem's verses are better than Jay's on "Renegade" are the same people that somehow feel Ether > Takeover.
Thats some motherfucking true shit right there.

admiral

Post by admiral »

The Vol. 2 hate is baffling