***NBA 2012-2013 SEASON THREAD***

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

siLLy KiD

Re: ***NBA 2012-2013 SEASON THREAD***

Post by siLLy KiD »

Big Breeze wrote:Big win for the Lake Show in Rip City. First sweep in a back-to-back all year long.

Still don't trust it though.

that was a fucking monster of a game. MAMBA BABY!!!!

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

That Lakers fans are out here celebratin cuz Kobe beat the Blazers a night after barely escaping the Hornets is pretty much all you need to know about their season.

PEACE

Req

Post by Req »

we need a ref watch for these last few games.
F.U. MOOLAH

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

deron you are so dreamy

made avery look green as fuck making him get out of the game with 2 fouls early
Nets 2022

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

The Sixers are hoping Doug Collins steps down after the season, sources told the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Dont ever change Doug

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

siLLy KiD wrote:
Big Breeze wrote:Big win for the Lake Show in Rip City. First sweep in a back-to-back all year long.

Still don't trust it though.

that was a fucking monster of a game. MAMBA BABY!!!!
Lakers just beat Blazers, who where already one of thinnest teams in NBA. Outside of Lilliard, Aldridge, and maybe Maynor, no one who played for Portland last night should be seeing real minutes in NBA right now.

I only saw 4th, but Blazers had some of dumbest D late in the game. Lakers ran pick and roll with Kobe and Gasol and Portland doubled Kobe like 5 feet behind 3 pt line. Kobe dropped it to Gasol who was wide open at FT line who then dumped it to howard for easy dunk after Howards man stepped up to gaurd Gasol. They did this like 3 times. Gasol is way too good a of a passer to let him play 2-1 in the paint with him and Howard. They also let Blake get 2 big offensive rebounds after Blazers players just looked at the ball and no one attempted to box out.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

What little pride the Lakers are playing with, I'll take it.

Everyone knows the Lakers don't play well in the Rose Garden. They Blazers could of started an all midget backcourt with Gary Coleman and Emanuel Lewis and it would have been a tough game.

Lillard had a career high in points too. He made Kobe look silly at times with his wizardry. I predicated ROY status with him before the season started and that should come to fruition.

We'll see if the Lakers really want to get in the playoffs over the next few games. Outro.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
peanut butter wrote:I like Marcus Smart a lot, but #2 seems high. McGary at #12 is awful. MCW will go higher than #13. No way Dieng lasts until #22 and McAdoo won't last until #27. I know these are preliminary and alot will change (some of these guys wont even declare), but some of this seems way off.

PEACE
I think #2 is high for Smart but I feel like he should go top 5 in this draft. I am on board with your thoughts on McAdoo and Dieng.

Completely disagree about Michael Carter Williams. And it's hard to disagree because you only said one sentence. You may be right because a team may fall in love but ughhhh, I cannot stand him.
I think Smart is a top 5 pick, but taking him before McLemore would be a mistake. And I'm not nuts about MCW either, but I doubt that a PG with size like his lasts beyond the top 10 in this draft.

And I still don't get why people have Zeller in the top 10. What about his game translates to the NBA? I've been asking this question since he was being ranked #1 overall early in the season and I just can't see it. The only thing he does exceptionally well for his size is run the floor, but thats not enough to overlook the fact that he is scrawny and unable to create space around the basket, not a great defender or rebounder, not a shooter who can stretch post defenders, and from what I've seen, his passing isn't remarkable either. Granted he can be crafty at the rim, and could be considered quick for his size, but not to the extent that he's going to be able to get a good shot on a regular basis. Maybe I'm missing something? But I just don't see what precedent there is for a guy like him to succeed.

PEACE

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Big Breeze wrote:What little pride the Lakers are playing with, I'll take it.

Everyone knows the Lakers don't play well in the Rose Garden. They Blazers could of started an all midget backcourt with Gary Coleman and Emanuel Lewis and it would have been a tough game.

Lillard had a career high in points too. He made Kobe look silly at times with his wizardry. I predicated ROY status with him before the season started and that should come to fruition.

We'll see if the Lakers really want to get in the playoffs over the next few games. Outro.

Speaking of your predictions, remember when you said you like the Blazers starting lineup more than the Warriors? You still feel that way?

PEACE

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

peanut butter wrote:
Big Breeze wrote:What little pride the Lakers are playing with, I'll take it.

Speaking of your predictions, remember when you said you like the Blazers starting lineup more than the Warriors? You still feel that way?

PEACE
I think the Blazers starting 5 have a net positive on the court, their bench is one of the worst +/- in the league, GS .9 point differential will be the worst in the western conference playoffs.
UBM CD COMING SOON

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

First you are evoking Breeze's name in arguments totally unrelated to him or his team. Now you are answer questions addressed to him. It's as if you dont even know which character you are playing anymore, Tweak.

PEACE

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

we just clowning on clown ass gs niggas whenever we get a chance
UBM CD COMING SOON

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

there's very little to dislike about jimmy butler. kid is really solid.

and jr smith has embarrassed kirk hinrich multiple times tonight
Nets 2022

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Jimmy Butler is the fuckin truth. Still so much room to grow too. He's like a better version of Kawhi Leonard.
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Hayzoos wrote:Jimmy Butler is the fuckin truth. Still so much room to grow too. He's like a better version of Kawhi Leonard.
Ummm.. No. I like Butler a lot, but you would be crazy to take him over Leonard. Let me guess, you saw Leonard like 3 times in your life. Leonard is also 2 years younger.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

What does Kawhi do that Jimmy Butler doesn't do just as well? And why are you so obsessed with age?

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Because age is a lot of the time the most important factor in a players potential. How many times you seen Kawhi Leonard play this year?

He is better 3 point shooter, better midrange, better on boards, better handle, can create his shot better, and better in transition.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

kawhi is WAY more polished on both ends but especially offensively than jimmy

but jimmy has more raw athleticism and more strength
Nets 2022

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

You guys are seriously underestimating how good Jimmy is and can be. Considering that he rarely even played last year and Kawhi was a starter for most of the year I would say Jimmy is almost further along than him. Not to mention that Thibs and his staff are arguably the best in the business in developing players right now, I think Jimmy's ceiling is super high. Hes got so many tools to be a really good player. He literally gets better every game he plays. It's fucking awesome to watch on a nightly basis.

Check out his stats so far this year as a starter

Obviously 15 games is a relative small sample size but it's still enough to show what he is capable of.

Here is Kawhi's stats as a starter this year:

I've seen Kawhi play probably 5-6 times this year and just about every game in the playoffs last year. The Spurs are one of my favorite teams. Kwahi is good but I think Jimmy can be better.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

OMG WESTBROOK :ohsh:

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Hayzoos wrote:You guys are seriously underestimating how good Jimmy is and can be. Considering that he rarely even played last year and Kawhi was a starter for most of the year I would say Jimmy is almost further along than him. Not to mention that Thibs and his staff are arguably the best in the business in developing players right now, I think Jimmy's ceiling is super high. Hes got so many tools to be a really good player. He literally gets better every game he plays. It's fucking awesome to watch on a nightly basis.

Check out his stats so far this year as a starter

Obviously 15 games is a relative small sample size but it's still enough to show what he is capable of.

Here is Kawhi's stats as a starter this year:

I've seen Kawhi play probably 5-6 times this year and just about every game in the playoffs last year. The Spurs are one of my favorite teams. Kwahi is good but I think Jimmy can be better.
that's not entirely fair...looking at such raw numbers with the small sample size as you noted. when butler has started it's out of complete necessity due to injury or injuries. he gets a lot of minutes and touches when he starts b/c nobody else is around to take em.

when kawhi starts he has a consistent role at best as a fourth scorer - and he starts, period. so you're not going to see some arbitrary :ohsh: stat that people often get wowed by in terms of improvement b/c jimmy butler is a bench player and he put up bench numbers as a bench player and then when he gets starter minutes his averages go up - that should be expected, not something that convinces anyone that he's better than kawhi. leonard spots up in the corner for three like a third of his offensive possessions. the team builds the offense around tim duncan and tony parker and kawhi is a 'forced' role player. dude is very skilled.

but like i said butler is a stronger, more athletic guy overall (though leonard is quicker) so his rebounding and finishes close to the rim should be higher than leonard's which is a definite plus considering his ceiling
Nets 2022

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

No we are not. I like butler but he is not even close to leonard on offensive side. You posting extremely small sample size and also probably only look at totals and don't notice hes playing 13 more minutes a game then leonard. If you watched leonard you would see how much better he is at all things I listed above then Butler.

And Leonard has drastically improved last year to this year as well as from start of this year to now... and again, he is 2 years younger. It is very strange to say a older player has potential to be better then a younger one who has not stopped getting better yet.

Pop, a man who is very stingy with his compliments, did not say Leonard will be face of franchise in future for no reason. Pop/Buford is also the best coach in nba at finding and developing talent.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

I guess we'll just have to wait and see next year when Jimmy is a full time starter and Rose is back in the rotation :gyeah:

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Didn't see Reason post till after mine. Co-sign all of it. Stats do not tell story for Leonard, if you watch the games though he has just shown SO much more on offense.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

No one knows how it will end up, but this is not really up for debate. Right now Leonard is much better then butler.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

such a pleasure to have cwebb on tonight. cancels out reggie miller's consistent mediocrity
Nets 2022

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Can you imagine having to play against Westbrook? It must fucking suck

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

^^
guarding him would be a nightmare for sure, enhanced by the uncertainty of what the fuck he will do
Nets 2022

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

Reason wrote:such a pleasure to have cwebb on tonight. cancels out reggie miller's consistent mediocrity
That's a nice compliment for Reggie.