The Best Power Forward in NBA History

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Who Is the Best PF of All Time?

Karl Malone
29%
Elvin Hayes
No votes
Spencer Haywood
No votes
Kevin Garnett
5%
Charles Barkley
18%
Kevin McHale
4%
Jerry Lucas
No votes
Bob McAdoo
2%
Bob Pettit
No votes
Tim Duncan
36%
Dennis Rodman
5%

Total votes: 55

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

chuck norris could do the same thing to david robinson.

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

stupidregister wrote:
Philaflava wrote:Even if Duncan goes down as being the better when he retires, I'd want Barkley or Malone on my team over him any day. They had attitude, heart and a personality--something I think Duncan has always lacked.
Tim Duncan will probably go down in history as the greatest big man most of us will ever see and probably Top 10 of all-time. But he still gets slept on. The man won Finals MVP in his rookie year. What more can you really ask for.

As for him marrying a YT...:killacam:? He's not black enough to have an attitude, heart, or a personality, I guess.
i feel like stat boy 'round here

Duncan won ROY his rookie year not finals MVP

Shaq will be the greatest big man our generation had the pleasure to see

Shaq will be the most dominate player ever and rank up there with Jordan, doing it with different line ups, coaches, etc

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

Peeping Tom wrote:
stupidregister wrote:
Philaflava wrote:Even if Duncan goes down as being the better when he retires, I'd want Barkley or Malone on my team over him any day. They had attitude, heart and a personality--something I think Duncan has always lacked.
Tim Duncan will probably go down in history as the greatest big man most of us will ever see and probably Top 10 of all-time. But he still gets slept on. The man won Finals MVP in his rookie year. What more can you really ask for.

As for him marrying a YT...:killacam:? He's not black enough to have an attitude, heart, or a personality, I guess.

i feel like stat boy having to correct people.

he was ROY and finals MVP that year. look it up if you don't believe.

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Peeping Tom wrote:
stupidregister wrote:

i feel like stat boy having to correct people.

he was ROY and finals MVP that year. look it up if you don't believe.
Tim Duncan
NBA FINALS MVP: 1999
Won 1998 ROY

First season in the NBA: 97-98

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

OOOOPS

YOU GOT ME CRACKA

still being NBA ALL First team in your rookie year is pretty good accomplishment.

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:OOOOPS

YOU GOT ME CRACKA

still being NBA ALL First team in your rookie year is pretty good accomplishment.
A'salama' 'alakem my brother

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

i'm nto supposed to respond to that unles i know that you are a muslim

if i do, i can burn in hell

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:i'm nto supposed to respond to that unles i know that you are a muslim

if i do, i can burn in hell
what about NOI or mystics or essentialist movements

Patches O'Houlihan

Post by Patches O'Houlihan »

an-also wrote:Went with the latina hunting cowboy himself... the mailman. Duncan might end up as the best PF ever after he's done playing though.
A new era has begun and it goes by the numbers 1,3,6

Move Free

Post by Move Free »

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

Move Free wrote:Image
Did his barfight buddy spark beef by making fun of his elevator shoes?

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Peeping Tom wrote:Tim Duncan
NBA FINALS MVP: 1999
Won 1998 ROY

First season in the NBA: 97-98
Good call on my mistake. But it's still impressive. If you look at all the things he's accomplished in just those first two years it's pretty incredible.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

I don't know if I would say Duncan doesn't have as much attitude as Malone or Barkley, he's just not as intimidating physically when does. That little kid face he has just wouldn't put any fear in anyone, even yelling and screaming.

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

Its hard for me to say who is better: Barkley, Malone, Duncan, and McHale.

Duncan doesn't have much competition. McHale was never the best player on his own team. Malone was Malone. Barkley said McHale was better then him. So its a toss up, and I wanted to give my home town guy some votes.

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

Move Free wrote:Image
I want this printed on a t shirt!

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

OMNI: i don't think when barkley said that mchale was his toughest matchup that he meant mchale was better then him. that's like assuming when Jordan said he hated playing against dumars and mitch richmond, that he thought they were better then him.

a couple other things that hold McHale back in this discussion imo

1. He wasn't a great rebounder.

2. He was a weak passer out of the post. Anyone that remembers watching him, can attest to this. Larry Bird used to joke that McHale was the "Black Hole of the Post cause once you threw the ball in, don't expect to see it ever again".

on the plus side, you can argue that McHale is quite possibly the best pure post player on this whole list as well as the best footwork.

however i think you can argue elvin hayes, pettit, and jerry lucas over him as well.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

duncan = 2 rings, maybe 3 this year

malone = 0

duncan also won mvp TWO YEARS IN A ROW among players like shaq, iverson, garnett, etc.

i truly believe amare stoudemire can surpass everyone here after 10 years as long as he develops more rebounding fundamentals - his block shots will come and the ones he gets are incredible (i.e. the one he had on tim duncan's dunk attempt)
Nets 2022

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

reason is yellow wrote:duncan = 2 rings, maybe 3 this year

malone = 0

duncan also won mvp TWO YEARS IN A ROW among players like shaq, iverson, garnett, etc.

i truly believe amare stoudemire can surpass everyone here after 10 years as long as he develops more rebounding fundamentals - his block shots will come and the ones he gets are incredible (i.e. the one he had on tim duncan's dunk attempt)
SHAQ will still be the greatest big man and prolly greatest player of this generation(post-jordan)

Shaq will retire with no less than 4 rings 2 MVP

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i think this logic is flawed to death

you can take the "attitude", heart, and personality

i'll take the rings, baby

besides, saying TD has no heart is ludicrous to me - the man plays through injuries and STILL gets his numbers

fuck personality...is tim hardaway better than john stocton cuz he had made more jokes?
Nets 2022

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:OMNI: i don't think when barkley said that mchale was his toughest matchup that he meant mchale was better then him. that's like assuming when Jordan said he hated playing against dumars and mitch richmond, that he thought they were better then him.

a couple other things that hold McHale back in this discussion imo

1. He wasn't a great rebounder.

2. He was a weak passer out of the post. Anyone that remembers watching him, can attest to this. Larry Bird used to joke that McHale was the "Black Hole of the Post cause once you threw the ball in, don't expect to see it ever again".

on the plus side, you can argue that McHale is quite possibly the best pure post player on this whole list as well as the best footwork.

however i think you can argue elvin hayes, pettit, and jerry lucas over him as well.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside ... a_insider/

"Bird was a better player than me, but I always felt when I was in the game I could do things against him. But McHale? Best damn player I ever played against man-to-man. He gave me fits with those damn long arms and his agility. He could score on me and he could guard me." - Barkley

There is no clear cut best PF, you can make a case for about 5-6 guys.

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

So he was just a tough matchup for him then.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

You don't see a difference between saying "toughest matchup" and "best damn player"

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

there is a difference.

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

OMNI wrote:You don't see a difference between saying "toughest matchup" and "best damn player"
He supports the argument by describing how difficult of a matchup he was for him.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

Psychosis Again wrote:
OMNI wrote:You don't see a difference between saying "toughest matchup" and "best damn player"
He supports the argument by describing how difficult of a matchup he was for him.
Those two things go hand and hand.

Who says, "Jordan was the best player I ever played against but he wasn't a difficult matchup for me."

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Psychosis Again wrote:
Charles Barkley wasn't exactly the Defensive Player of the Year.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

Barkley was also 6-4 guarding men between 6-8 and 6-10. It was hard to guard those guys.

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

reason is yellow wrote:
i think this logic is flawed to death

you can take the "attitude", heart, and personality

i'll take the rings, baby

besides, saying TD has no heart is ludicrous to me - the man plays through injuries and STILL gets his numbers

fuck personality...is tim hardaway better than john stocton cuz he had made more jokes?
if jokes makes the player... then Damon Jones is the G.O.A.T.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

OMNI wrote:Barkley was also 6-4 guarding men between 6-8 and 6-10. It was hard to guard those guys.
Barkley was 6'6 check the mugshot

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

OMNI wrote:
Psychosis Again wrote:
Those two things go hand and hand.

Who says, "Jordan was the best player I ever played against but he wasn't a difficult matchup for me."
charles barkely obviously.